Cool mule deer book find.

I’ve been a collector of sorts with mule deer hunting books these last few years. My only problem is I’m over generous with lending them out and I’ve lost some good ones over the years from friends “losing” them.

I lent out Kirt darners book “How to find giant bucks” and someone lost it. Took me a long time to track another one down again seeing as how they’re out of print. Ended up ordering a copy from a used book seller and this one had an inscription in it to an individual from Kirt himself.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 126

NRA4LIFE

WKR
I'm the same way with maps. I will never again "lend" maps to anyone. More than not, I never see them again. Lended a huge set of USGS terrain maps to a guy for a moose area I had hunted, never heard from him again.

Thread hijack alert! What are some good books for learning about mule deer behavior and hunting tactics? I'd love to get my kids some books.

kcormack

WKR
I’ve been a collector of sorts with mule deer hunting books these last few years. My only problem is I’m over generous with lending them out and I’ve lost some good ones over the years from friends “losing” them.

I lent out Kirt darners book “How to find giant bucks” and someone lost it. Took me a long time to track another one down again seeing as how they’re out of print. Ended up ordering a copy from a used book seller and this one had an inscription in it to an individual from Kirt himself.
The book's title is accurate. He found them, just did not kill all of them because some were already dead!
More of a Novel than a "how to" book.

Dwight Schuh's "Hunting open country Mule Deer" is the book that I learned how to "spot and stalk" from. Have read it quite a few times and highlighted a lot of it.
+1 here. Incredible book! I'm not certain there is a better teacher than Dwight talking through how to get in range with a recurve bow.

Chad E

WKR
Robby's ? (Sorry if that is a dumb question, newbie here)
Robby Denning Hunting Big Mule Deer.

Also I really enjoy Ryan Hatfield's books " Idaho's Greatest Mule Deer." They are less tactics but still plenty to green from them. They are awesome reads about Mule Deer mostly in the heyday of big Mule deer in Idaho.

wingmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Nice, I have that book on my shelf. No signature unfortunately, I just checked.

I collect out-of-print hunting books and could never imagine lending them out, $75+ per book is the norm and that's on the cheaper side.