Cookware

Jmort1754

WKR
Besides cast iron I have my grandmas.

What other cookware do you all use at home ?

Fitzwho

WKR
A 5qt Enameled Dutch oven (Le Creuset), a 12” cast iron skillet, and a cookie sheet covers 98% of what I do in the kitchen.

A 6-egg “poacher” pan and a plain steel sauce pot pretty much chicken Vera the rest.

Mosby

WKR
I do most of my cooking with a few pans and a crock pot. Cast iron fry pan, a Le Crueset chicken fryer, a couple All Clad pans and a crock pot we got as a wedding gift 35 years ago. Cookie sheet and a muffin tin get a lot of use too.

ODB

WKR
We have three all clads 4/6/8 qt, some shallow calphalon pans and some non-stick. I have never found a non-stick I like.

I use the all-clads all the time. I love starting stuff on the stove top and tossing in the oven to finish. Good stuff.

I've got about a dozen pieces of cast iron. Le Cruset, Lodge, and old stuff. All I use.

The wife has a bunch of (I think nice) modern non stick pans.

SonnyDay

WKR
Also rocking many different pieces of cast iron, which get used every day. I have an enameled dutch oven (Le Creuset) for higher acid stuff (it's also a little larger than my bare cast iron dutch oven). For boiling and such I have a few different sizes of stainless pots, as well as two sizes of stainless saute pans (for deglazing if a sauce is in order).

Brands are pretty much all Lodge (or old stuff that was handed down and I have no idea). Stainless cookware is a mish-mash of brands--nothing fancy. A nice thick bottom is the key.

Stay away from Teflon... it'll make your babies be born naked.

Carina K

FNG
I always eat alone, all I need is a 2qt saucepan (for heating oil, soup, and cooking instant noodles), a small crock pot, and one wok (for stewing and stir-frying).

def90

WKR
Matfer Bourgeat carbon steel pan, Field cast iron pan, and some Vigor stainless steel sauce pans and pots.

An old Lodge 12" cast iron, mostly used for steaks.
Two Matfer Bourgeat 10" and 12" that I've had mixed results.
Doesn't help that I moved from a nice 36" gas range to a shitty induction range.

bradmacmt

Lil-Rokslider
Some good reading:

riversidejeep

Lil-Rokslider
20 pieces of cast iron, Dutch ovens, griddles, skillets of every size, waffle iron etc. , I finally took all my non-stick crap and scrapped it all. Just got a 3 piece stainless skillet set from MADE IN, never thought I'd spend that much money on a pan but so far it's worth the money. Round it out with stainless REVERWARE stock pots and sauce pans.

DosAmigos

FNG
Just last month, I had enough with all the non stick crap. I broke down and purchased a cast iron set from Smithey Ironware and have been super impressed. I hope they live up to all the hype.

IDLassie

Lil-Rokslider
Getting so I can't handle the bigger cast iron skillets. I have a couple smaller Wagner cast iron skillets that are way lighter than Lodge.
But I found a much lighter skillet that cooks like cast iron called Made It. They are expensive but have learned to really like it. Mine is a 8" some day I'll get a bigger one.

I use a bunch of old cast irons from different garage sales. I wanted a restoration project I could actually handle after watching a few too many videos from MyMechanics.

dlee56

WKR
We’ve been avoiding non-stick and aluminum for health implications. 90% of our cooking is on some vintage cast iron I’ve restored (1920s Griswold & Wapak) and stainless steel All Clad pans. Also got some stainless cookie/baking sheets on Amazon for a good price.

Attachments

• IMG_5105.jpeg
    IMG_5105.jpeg
    224.6 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4591.jpeg
    IMG_4591.jpeg
    350.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_4415.jpeg
    IMG_4415.jpeg
    408.4 KB · Views: 5

Scotto

WKR
We ditched the non-stick cookware and upgraded to the Hestan Nanobond. Wish we would have done this a long time ago. The stuff is amazing.