Cook pot comparison

lintond

WKR
I decided to do a fuel consumption comparison of my various cook stoves. I recently bought the BRS 3000 & Fire maple petrel UL after a few posts on here.

12 oz of cold water from refrigerator
~100ft elevation
Weights are pot & stove only
I weighed the fuel canister before & after

BRS 3000 & Fire Maple Petrel UL
6.7 oz total weight
60 second boil time
3g fuel burn

Jetboil SOL TI - doesn’t include stand & plastic base
8.9 oz total weight
80 second boil time
4g fuel burn

Snow Peak Litemax & Snow Peak Ti pot
6 oz total weight
160 second boil time
11g fuel burn

BRS & Snow Peak pot
5 oz total weight
120 second boil time
8g fuel burn

I was impressed by the BRS and fire maple. Sits securely on the stove & has a nice handle. The reason I was looking for a better setup was the Snow peak always seemed inefficient and unstable. Also wasn’t a fan of the handles being unusable after the flames hear them up.

You do have to bend the prongs on the BRS for it to mate up with the fire maple. Easy modification.

73b1f3e03cbf168d0c5137accf7c5f52.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Great post. Glad you got on the BRS/FM program. Best ultralight system available right now with the perfect blend of efficiency, capacity and weight.

This is a cool comparison. I have used my jetboil for the past several years and been pretty happy with it. I always think about trying something new/lighter, but I always stay with my jetboil. Thanks for doing this, I will have to look into the BRS stoves.

OP
lintond

lintond

WKR
This is a cool comparison. I have used my jetboil for the past several years and been pretty happy with it. I always think about trying something new/lighter, but I always stay with my jetboil. Thanks for doing this, I will have to look into the BRS stoves.

The nice thing is it’s only about a $50 system. So it’s not a huge investment/commitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mudpuddle

Lil-Rokslider
Wow, it's not often that the cheaper option is the best. I'm still rocking the original pocket rocket. Looks like it's time for an upgrade.

sr80

WKR
I am also a big fan of the petrel and brs combo. I just chopped down my petrel pot to make it shorter and more compact, just waiting for the neoprene to arrive to make a cozy for it.