Contact Lenses

dotman

WKR
Anyone wear these on their backpack hunts. I have always just wore my glasses because it would suck to lose a contact. If you do, do you take them out at night or just leave them in?

Last edited:

7mag.

WKR
I wear extended wear disposables, so I take an extra pair. I've been wearing contacts for over 20 years, so they are a normal part of my life.

bowhnter7

Lil-Rokslider
I take em plus an extra pair.

I take them out every night. No way would I wear glasses, totally changes my
peripheral vision. Plus shooting the bow would suck.

flytrait

Lil-Rokslider
My son wears the disposables and takes extra's, they are light and if anything happens he just pops a new one in..

OP
D

dotman

WKR
I may have to give them a shot at hunting, I have been wearing them off an on for 20 years but never used them while hunting.

I have tried and tried to use them. I guess I have issues so I just wear the glasses. It would be nice to wear them though....no fogged lenses, no smear marks, no scratched lenses.....man I wish I could wear them.

I just had lasik done last July... one of the best decisions I have ever made. It is so nice for everyday life, but especially for hunting and backpacking overnight. If any of you are considering it, just do it!

That said, I used to wear contacts hunting. I don't remember the particular brand, but it was a model that allowed you to sleep in them for a few days without drying out very bad. I slept in them and just used some rewetting drops when I woke up in the morning without many issues. I preferred this to taking them out every night because it can be hard to keep your hands clean enough on a backcountry hunt. Guiding a dirty finger in your eye via headlamp at 5am is no fun.