Concentric Multifocal Contacts?

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
OK. That makes sense. That’s what they started me on was different prescriptions per eye, but I didn’t like it. I want to look way out there and see stuff, and it made it a little bit fuzzy unless I closed one eye

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had the same results the first time. A friend said she just had to push through for 2 weeks to get it to work, so I gave it another shot.

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
Multifocal contacts are the closest if you can handle their quirks. All other things being equal this is where I start people and I’ll trial multifocal lenses first and if they don’t like them I’ll troubleshoot from there.
I like my progressives, except that my prescription for near sightedness is so strong, that there isn't enough room for the bottom reading part to be as good as my naked eye. I still end up taking my progressive glasses to see up close. I don't have to, but I do most of the time.

My question is, is there more room on a multi vision contact for my prescription as my progressive glasses? I'd guess not?
Thanks Bill

mxgust

Lil-Rokslider
I like my progressives, except that my prescription for near sightedness is so strong, that there isn't enough room for the bottom reading part to be as good as my naked eye. I still end up taking my progressive glasses to see up close. I don't have to, but I do most of the time.

My question is, is there more room on a multi vision contact for my prescription as my progressive glasses? I'd guess not?
Thanks Bill
It’s hard to compare the two because they’re so different. Progressive glasses are the most flexible way to have both far and near simultaneously and the optic zones are designed very different between progressives and multifocal contacts. When the contacts work, it can be very good and probably feel like more. When they don’t work it can be hard to see up close at all

OP
B

Billinsd

WKR
I'm trying the multifocal concentric contacts and like them so far after one day. Thanks all.

Swamp Fox

WKR
I found this thread while thinking of similar issues, so I'm gonna goose it and will be back with some questions and comments when I get a chance to zero in.

The goal would be contacts that would be optimal for archery hunting (and hunting in general) and eliminate my need for readers in the field and possibly in town.

I do have astigmatism in the left eye and wear a toric contact lens there. I am left eye-dominant but shoot everything right-handed. 🙃🙃🙃

I was able to shoot decently with progressive glasses in the past, but don't love hunting with them and we've tweaked my prescription to where specific things are not as good, whereas in the past all-around was fine.

My eyes are older and I'm having different issues than 15 years ago, though, so there's a lot going on.

Seeing where I am with a pair of progressive glasses that are not as awesome now as my old ones, I want to walk into the new contact lens discussion with the idea that those could be optimized for hunting AND all-around.

I've had no issues bow hunting with regular contacts in the past but so much has changed with the technology (and my eyes, apparently!) that I'm looking for the latest, greatest mousetrap.

I'll take any thoughts in the meantime before I get back, and leave y'all with these:

https://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/bifocal-torics.htm

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
I found this thread while thinking of similar issues, so I'm gonna goose it and will be back with some questions and comments when I get a chance to zero in.

The goal would be contacts that would be optimal for archery hunting (and hunting in general) and eliminate my need for readers in the field and possibly in town.

I do have astigmatism in the left eye and wear a toric contact lens there. I am left eye-dominant but shoot everything right-handed. 🙃🙃🙃

I was able to shoot decently with progressive glasses in the past, but don't love hunting with them and we've tweaked my prescription to where specific things are not as good, whereas in the past all-around was fine.

My eyes are older and I'm having different issues than 15 years ago, though, so there's a lot going on.

Seeing where I am with a pair of progressive glasses that are not as awesome now as my old ones, I want to walk into the new contact lens discussion with the idea that those could be optimized for hunting AND all-around.

I've had no issues bow hunting with regular contacts in the past but so much has changed with the technology (and my eyes, apparently!) that I'm looking for the latest, greatest mousetrap.

I'll take any thoughts in the meantime before I get back, and leave y'all with these:

https://www.allaboutvision.com/contacts/bifocal-torics.htm

My monovision Rx is still working great for me (as posted above).

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
For this:
I did this:

Since what I posted in post #6 above, I am still using a single power in the left eye, but I did go to a bifocal in the right eye. (Right handed shooter)

The glare doesn’t seem to be too bad in the right eye, and it did help clear up my pins on my bow.

But as far as distance, I can’t beat the mono vision contacts in both eyes.

Still ain’t found nothing as good as God builds the eye.

Last edited:

Swamp Fox

WKR
I did this:

Since what I posted in post #6 above, I am still using a single power in the left eye, but I did go to a bifocal in the right eye. (Right handed shooter)

The glare doesn’t seem to be too bad in the right eye, and it did help clear up my pins on my bow.

But as far as distance, I can’t beat the mono vision contacts in both eyes.

Still ain’t found nothing as good as God builds the eye.
That's very helpful as to how to focus my interest on the different options.

(See what I did there?)

(See the second one? ----LOL --Sad ... LOL)