Complete backpacking tripod setup for Zeiss 8x32?

Bowrider3

FNG
Hi- I am looking to get a complete tripod setup for my Zeiss 8x32 binos Will not be using for spotting scope. Mostly intend to use for glassing sitting down while backpack hunting so would like to keep lightweight. Would like recommendation for the tripod and head combo. Hoping to spend $300 or less for everything. Likely will use field optics research quick release adapter but have no idea about tripod and head. Would like something that is quality but I don't need top-of-the-line given my requirements. If anyone has recommendations, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Last edited:
This is probably very different from what you've got in mind, but if you're an ounce counter, check out the tamrac zipshot tripods. 9 oz for the sitting version, 11 oz for standing (with included ball head). 25-50 bucks. I run my 15x56 binos on mine, and it's plenty solid. They would be awesome with 8x32s.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
I just run a Vortex SS-P. Under $200…. right around 2lbs.
Would I like something better?…. yes
But can't beat the price and weight of that ss-p… Plus it works ok with bino's and my little 50mm spotter.

280AI

FNG
I like the summit SSP as well. It will be perfect for your 8 x 32s. It's not great for a big spotter, but it's light weight and compact for backpacking.