Comparable Keen Boots

kong

Lil-Rokslider
Love the comfort of my Keen boots but there’s more to be desired in the durability category. Chunks of boot rubber cones off on the lava rocks locally. Looking at Crispi Lapponia II or Wyoming II or maybe Meindl Comfort Hikers. What is a comparable fit to those Keens?

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t have Keen boots, but I do have Keen shoes. I also do have the Crispi Wyoming’s. I would say those Crispi Wyoming’s are pretty close to same fit and the Crispi boots should be a bit more durable. I wear the same size for both. I’m sure you already know but both of these are wider than your average shoe and or boot.

I’ve never been to Hawaii but i’m guessing you are walking on rocky terrain that will be more destructive then the places I am hiking/hunting. While I do believe the Crispi boots are more durable, I’m not sure they will hold up substantially longer if you’re walking in the kind of areas I believe you are.

Big fan of Crispi and I don’t own enough of them to say for sure, but i think the soles in their more durable boots would be better suited for your needs. My Crispi idahoes soles are tough as hell. My thors have worn a little faster than I would have hoped on a mix of terrain. regardless, they remain my go to hiking boot. Both were exceedingly comfortable out of the box. Another thing to consider is that they are resolable, though I haven’t personally tried.