Comfy shoes

Jmort1754

WKR
Hey guys I'm a nurse on my feet all night. I'm also a big guy 6'5 260.

You guys have input on comfy shoes ?

I've always really liked my Asics. They were my favorite brand of running shoes (10 years ago when I did that much more) and they worked just as well working thirds in the ER.

A foot/gait analysis could be helpful if you think there is something odd going of with either if those. Fleetfeet and some other stores offer that service and it can help narrow down styles/sizes that would work best for you.

Lowg08

WKR
I don’t work as a nurse but do spend multiple days 12-14 hours at my daughters dance competitions on concrete floors all day and I have no issues with the HOKA. My mom has had two knee replacements and 2 hip replacements and she wears hoka too.

waspocrew

WKR
All I see around my office and the hospital are On Clouds. I have a pair and they’ve been a huge step up from the Nikes I had previously been wearing. After a long day of surgeries, my feet used to ache quite a bit, but that’s not the case anymore.

timberbuck

Lil-Rokslider
It's hard to beat Hoka or Salomon trail runners like the Elixr, Ultra glide 2. Like standing and walking on a 1" piece of spring rubber. I can handle them but prefer a little foot support also. I've learned I need support and cushion in a shoe (6' 2", 270 lbs). My go to is the Salomon XA pro 3D V9. Can be had with or without Goretex.

OP
J

Jmort1754

WKR
All I see around my office and the hospital are On Clouds. I have a pair and they’ve been a huge step up from the Nikes I had previously been wearing. After a long day of surgeries, my feet used to ache quite a bit, but that’s not the case anymore.
Which on clouds ?

waspocrew

WKR
Which on clouds ?

Cloud Flyer. I’ve been happy with them. There may be a better model for general wear, but again, my feet don’t ache anymore which was a huge win.

Never tried the Hoka, but they seem super popular as well.

IMG_5038.png

Axlrod

WKR
I really like the On Cloud Cloudrock 2. They are a mid height light hiker. I do 5-6 miles a day on hard surfaces, and have struggled to find shoes to keep my feet pain free. I used to wear Keens. OC's are way lighter and they last me longer- Keens were 2 months tops, OC's i am at 5 months on my first pair so far.
I just ordered another pair, and On Cloud has a promo 10% off.

Jimmy

WKR
I'm a big fella to with a high foot arch. I can go all day on Redwing with high arch inserts. Wear em every day and its been about 5 years so far. Just replace the inserts once in a while