Comfortable Office Chair

treillw

WKR
Any suggestions on a good office chair that won't break your back? I looked up the one I used to use with my previous employer and it's $800 - a bit salty.

I have a standup desk as well, for what it's worth.

Thanks!

Remington92

Lil-Rokslider
I've been more than happy with the lazy boy brand chair that comes from Sams Club. I picked it up like new from a fella with disabilities and the high arm rests wouldn't let him get close enough to reach his key board but I have no issues with it and its damn comfortable.

Any suggestions on a good office chair that won't break your back? I looked up the one I used to use with my previous employer and it's $800 - a bit salty.

I have a standup desk as well, for what it's worth.

Thanks!
Was going to suggest a standing desk but you already have one. I don't have a suggestion on the chair. I barely give my chair a 2nd thought anymore as I have found myself standing most of the day now. Good luck in your search.

ljalberta

WKR
I use a sit stand desk at home and the office. In office, I have a wonderful but very expensive chair.

I wanted something a little more budget friendly as I don’t work from home a ton compared to the office.

I have been very happy with the Clatina Ergonomic Office Chair. It comes in either a mesh or fabric back (I prefer mesh) and with an optional headrest, which I did not do.

It’s comfortable, but you can tell the quality if not on par with an $800 chair. Additionally, the armrests and lumbar pad aren’t quite as adjustable as I would like, but for $200 I have no regrets and would recommend it at that price. It is certainly better than many other cheap chairs I’ve used.

I'm an employee rather than business owner, so I poached a nice chair from the office a couple years ago.
Company would have purchased a color scanner/printer for me too if I asked.

If you can, it couldn't hurt to ask.

Sadboy

FNG
Best chair I’ve ever used was a steelcase gesture. Pricey but worth it.

I currently have a HM Aeron at my current job. It’s alright but I think it’s a bit overrated and overpriced for what it is.

kuhn4

Lil-Rokslider
I've used an Aeron by Herman Miller for 7 years. Still in excellent shape, full working condition, very comfortable. I bought it as an open box item from https://www.madisonseating.com/ at a good discount. I would do this again.

fwafwow

WKR
I had such bad posture and pain from it that I had an ergonomic consultant come to my house. He recommended the X-Flex over the Herman Miller or others more often found in offices (including mine). I got it for $589 on sale at Costco. It works very well and I like it better than my HM chair at work.

cytherian

FNG
Herman Miller
I second this.
You know how in the optics field where the veterans always say "don't buy cheap--make the investment in higher end now and you'll thank me in the future"? You can go further up the pricing tier if you delve into used. A Herman Miller Aeron chair is seriously expensive brand new ($1,099 retail, but often discounted). But if you're near a major city, you can often find used examples for a lot less. Of course, condition is key. I picked up an Aeron chair for $200 off Craigslist. It had a busted left armrest. Well, I was able to replace it (found a workable used part) and the chair works great. This was 22 years ago. It's still my office chair. Excellent support!

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
Look at gaming chairs. Some are pretty nice and seem to have a lower price point. Probably cause some high school kid sits in front of his video games all day.

nam1975

Lil-Rokslider
Look at gaming chairs. Some are pretty nice and seem to have a lower price point. Probably cause some high school kid sits in front of his video games all day

hawkman71

Lil-Rokslider
Aeron by Herman Miller. Check with an office supply place that sells used furniture.
Careful with the aeron. I bought one for my work office but itbcame in Medium size. I needed large and boy, did i regret it. They are expensive!

I have really like Herman Miller's "Mirra" chair but its also salty, as you say.

My wife still has an old Herman Miller she had in college. Holy mackerel, its held up for 30 years!

ShawnStonefly

Lil-Rokslider
Another vote for a gaming chair. Got a secret lab chair for my office, you can black on black so its a little more discrete looking.