Comb “flats” on EH1. How do they work for you?

Macintosh

WKR
I am looking at stocks for my tikka, and one I’m considering is an eh1. I dont know anyone local to me that owns one, so I cant try or even look at one. Aside from the price tag, which Im choking on pretty hard, Im wondering about what appears to be “flats” on the comb. I assume this is for a more repeatable cheek weld, but Im not sure how it would feel in use in a variety of field positions. Those that own or have used this stock, what are your thoughts? Do you like the flats, do you notice them, etc?

Raider4044

Lil-Rokslider
I really don’t even notice them on my EH1s. Mine are R700 pattern inlets, not Tikka, but shouldn’t make a difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lawnboi

WKR
Iv got a few eh1 and I actually like the flats on the cheek. They are much less pronounced than on their tactical stocks. I’m happy with both my eh1 tikka mini chassis stocks. I’m hoping they produce the LRH or the above new stock in a tikka inlet eventually.

Mcmillan just released the game warden long range, I don’t know if it has a tikka inlet but it looks like a winner too.

Formidilosus

Super Moderator
Mcmillan just released the game warden long range, I don’t know if it has a tikka inlet but it looks like a winner too.

The Game Warden LR is actually doing something. The Manners missed the mark once again.

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
Thanks all, makes sense. Happy to hear any further thoughts or suggestions as well.

Id recommend the LRH over the EH-1. Manners also just announced the new Pro Hunter. I’d look hard at that too.
Good fodder and example for the “why a custom action instead of a tikka” thread, but neither of those stocks is available with a tikka inlet.

Lawnboi

WKR
You can get a flat top and have someone inlet it for you. More time and more money, but doable.
I’m not sure if that’s an option with the solid carbon stocks like the LRH. I know lot make it work you have to raise the tang to make a 700 stock with the tikkas. Manners long ago offered an eh1 that they used from the 700 mold and they had to add material and eventually stopped making it.

OP
M

Macintosh

WKR
@Formidilosus Are your red lines showing negative comb and butt slightly higher on the mcmillan vs a parallel comb and slightly lower butt on the manners?

Either way neither is an option for me. :(

Last edited: