Colorado…

ckleeves

WKR
Thats true, but there are only so many suckers out there who will fall for it with the youth preference. Looking at a random archery unit from the secondary draw last year that is a 1 point unit, there were almost 500 adults that put in for 10 tags and big surprise those 10 tags went to 10 of the 17 youth that put in. The number of adult applicants makes sense being the first year that they have done it, but it should be fairly obvious now that any secondary draw with halfway decent tags or even marginal tags with small numbers will be going to youth. I'm not complaining with three boys and my oldest being 13, but the secondary draw is more or less a youth draw.
Your exactly right, I actually think it’s quite dishonest that CPW doesn’t just change it to youth only. That’s basically what it is, but they are taking advantage of thousands of people who either don’t understand or underestimate the amount of youth applicants. Last year I personally know of 7 youth who put in for 1-3 point deer tags in the second draw and out of those 7 apps one drew. In other words there are a TON of youth applicants.

Now I’m sure someone will chime in on how they drew a tag in the second draw as a adult but I’ll bet it was one that they could have bought off the leftover the day before season because there was 700 of them.

Colinc

FNG
Looks like me and my brother+dad will be in unit 71 this year for the first rifle season. It will be our first time hunting out west so it's going to be... interesting. So much to learn between now and then.

I'm curious to see if 81 will be less crowded than last time I went now that it's a draw unit. I drew it this year with no points, so I'm guessing they still gave out a lot of tags.

BDRam16

WKR
I'm curious to see if 81 will be less crowded than last time I went now that it's a draw unit. I drew it this year with no points, so I'm guessing they still gave out a lot of tags.
2000 archery tags. 67% draw odds as second choice.

Preston

Lil-Rokslider
I turned a unit 49 rifle tag that someone will enjoy. I’m planning to hunt it next year

So I got my Buck tag, I put in for a Doe tag as second choice in the same unit and didn't get it and per their draw results there are 121 leftover tags. So my question is why wouldn't I draw it?
What zone are you going to. I'm from Chico, doing a Solo Colorado hunt this ear during second rifle seaosn