Colorado Unit 68/681/682

I have been looking at this unit for a late season rifle hunt. I was just curious if anyone has some experience hunting this unit the past few years. I am curious as to your success, failures and just general feedback. If so would love to hear your stories and pics....

Thanks in advance

OP
elkhuntinut
Well as an update, I did manage to draw this unit for 3rd season. Just curious to anyone who went...not looking for specifics but just curious of the overall experience.

A friend and I drew it too but no good information to share unfortunately. We will not have a chance to make a scouting trip and will be coming down from Idaho for the hunt. Advice from biologist in the unit is to plan to spend a lot of time glassing in juniper. Our research indicates there is not a long range migration from there. They just move from higher to lower in the same area. Don't know if that helps much but thought I would share what we have heard. Good luck to you.

OP
elkhuntinut
We will staying and Saguache and arriving sometime mid week. We plan to spend some time covering some ground.

Would be great if you could share some general info such as elevation you are seeing them when you are looking around early. Would help us when we get there.

Haven't finalized hunting areas yet. We are staying further south toward Del Norte.

rcalmus

FNG
How did your hunt go? My dad has a tag in that area this year 3rd deer and I have the points to hunt it next year most likely if we like it.

How did your hunt go? My dad has a tag in that area this year 3rd deer and I have the points to hunt it next year most likely if we like it.
We had a good experience and got some good bucks but hunted hard for the whole season. Saw some decent bucks here and there but nothing huge and a lot of time and miles between them for the most part. I would say it can be a good hunt if you put the effort into it and the dates this year are really good. We did see several hunters with smaller bucks and my impression was that we were fortunate to do as well as we did. Hope this is helpful.

We had a good experience and got some good bucks but hunted hard for the whole season. Saw some decent bucks here and there but nothing huge and a lot of time and miles between them for the most part. I would say it can be a good hunt if you put the effort into it and the dates this year are really good. We did see several hunters with smaller bucks and my impression was that we were fortunate to do as well as we did. Hope this is helpful.
I would love to pick your brain about unit 68 as i am headed there this Thursday. If your willing to chat please send me a message on instagram or facebook by looking up ChasetheHunt. Thanks!