Colorado Unit 62

Drew my backup plan. Colorado Unit 62. I know it's a big public land area with orange men all over. But I am hunting private, so hopefully it works out. Never hunted 62 before. Let's hope the orange army pushes Elk onto private land : )

Ive never hunted private there, but opening morning can be decent if you set up early in a good spot, by opening afternoon the elk have pretty much all crossed over into 61.

jray5740

Lil-Rokslider
Ive never hunted private there, but opening morning can be decent if you set up early in a good spot, by opening afternoon the elk have pretty much all crossed over into 61.
I have heard this before, but I dont think its entirely true about 61 and 62. 61 and 62 are HEAVILY recreated all summer and year for that matter with ATV, UTV, hikers, outdoor recreation of all kinds, etc......I dont think the elk just magically know the difference between a recreationist hiking through the woods and a hunter. Not to mention 61 and 62 have a ton of recreation shooting happening all year....meaning the animals who live there are accustomed to gunfire.

Now, by 2nd rifle I think you are correct that alot of elk move into 61 and alot of elk move to low 62 private....but Im not sure I buy it happening during muzzleloader into the 1 week of 1st rifle. Does it happen? Sure does......to the extent we think it does? I dont feel like it......I have been wrong many times before though so

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
I hope it doesnt happen as I have a 62 First Rifle Tag id like to actually fill this year lol. My hope is the ATV riders are pushing them around come morning opening day.

OP
Short Track
Just heard from my old hunting buddy. His party got 3 Bulls unit 62 late season. 3rd rifle into the 4th day.

AM_Hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Must be the private land one then. Was trying to figure out if there was one less orange vest on public land 😅