Colorado unit 55

If I hunted a unit that a bunch of guys on the interwebs were asking about, I might be tempted to pm each of them a different "secret honey hole" that would stage them all about a quarter mile apart in a semi circle that would drive the elk towards me.

Don't talk about spots on the webs.

ChrisS

WKR
If I hunted a unit that a bunch of guys on the interwebs were asking about, I might be tempted to pm each of them a different "secret honey hole" that would stage them all about a quarter mile apart in a semi circle that would drive the elk towards me.

Don't talk about spots on the webs.
That's not a bad idea ... Those ONX waypoints would be easy to plot and send out.

kscowboy01

Lil-Rokslider
Ive hunted there twice try around red mountain towards the private😉😉
Wrong unit and that private has caretakers and cameras that watch it like hawks. They will prosecute and you will not be allowed to pursue your wounded game, should it cross a fence. Word is there is now video surveillance and they even went so far as to invest in drones and thermal imaging cameras to catch trespassers.

Last edited:

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
There are 50% less elk tags in 55 this season so it really doesn't make much difference where anybody goes in the unit as there will be half as many hunters as in past years. Just Saying.

chasewild

WKR
There are 50% less elk tags in 55 this season so it really doesn't make much difference where anybody goes in the unit as there will be half as many hunters as in past years. Just Saying.

You noticed that this thread was from last year right? As in, regardless of what happens to tags, the next guy that wants to "research" his unit just has to google it and this thread will pop up forever. AWESOME.

Also notice that the OP never showed up again.

Kerrbow

Lil-Rokslider
You noticed that this thread was from last year right? As in, regardless of what happens to tags, the next guy that wants to "research" his unit just has to google it and this thread will pop up forever. AWESOME.

Also notice that the OP never showed up again.
I did notice that. Maybe these forums should do like TripAdvisor where they stop posts after no activity for a month or so.