Colorado Unit 14 fire

Wapiti87

FNG
There’s another fire going in Colorado in unit 14. It’s about 10 miles north of steamboat. 2020 can suck it.

Npento89

FNG
I was driving through that area yesterday, it looked pretty bad from where I was

come2elmo

WKR
yup middlefork fire...blowing into one of my units for first rifle. Hopefully the snow settles things down before then.

Ucsdryder

WKR
I can’t imagine there will be any fires going after this storm finishes. You couldn’t light a fire with napalm in Denver right now.

Npento89

FNG
I can’t imagine there will be any fires going after this storm finishes. You couldn’t light a fire with napalm in Denver right now.
I’m hearing the snow isn’t that strong up there and is evaporating because of the heat. Also the wind is making the fire grow faster

peddar01

FNG
forest land closure has been posted on inciweb. It will be updated when the weather clears and they are able to do a flyover

Zirkels don’t look too snowy from the WY side. It is pretty cool and the air is damp so that’s a win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I believe Zirkel wilderness is closed as of now, the area was only forecasted for 1-3 inches of snow I’d be surprised if it got that much. I’ve been hunting 14 and Tuesday night winds were up around 50+ mph was basically blowing the tent flat. I believe it went from 170 acres to over 3k over night pretty much. Hopefully what moisture the unit got helped, I’m hoping they can fly over soon and get a report.

Anyone having luck in unit 14 ??? Temps dropped in a hurry
I’ve gotten on a bull the 2 days I’ve hunted the unit, haven’t gotten a shot but been able to call him in twice I’m assuming it’s the same bull as it’s the same general area, walked past a cow at 30yds too. Also ran into a good amount of moose. This was all before temp drop and forest closure tho.

What was everyone's overall turnouts from the season? I was in 181, and A LOT of dudes came to hunter over their from the Zirkel wilderness lol, I can't blame them. It wasn't much better in 181 though, elk were running away from cow calls and weren't talking.... Found em bugling and having a rut fest on private though