Colorado points?

Dschwan

WKR
I moved out of colorado last spring. I'll be money ahead by applying for a cow moose tag this year with my 4 points before a cow tag becomes a long shot.

There was never preference point fees for moose/goat/bighorn prior to 2018, right? You simply had to come out of pocket up front with the Resident/ NR license price plus habitat stamp and app fee then sit back and wait for a refund?

Ddubs20

FNG
There was never preference point fees for moose/goat/bighorn prior to 2018, right? You simply had to come out of pocket up front with the Resident/ NR license price plus habitat stamp and app fee then sit back and wait for a refund?
Correct, funny how we all used to complain about that. Now it's $150 every year.

WKR
I just cruised the draw stats and I didn't see any bull tags with better than 2% draw odds for non-resident. I don't give the weighted points any merit so in reality, it seems like 2% is about right. I put in for another cow hunt. Low odds but who knows.

I realized years ago, if I wanted a Moose, go to Newfoundland. Just write the check and go hunting. No draw nonsense. It worked, got a COW. Still need to go back for a Bull.

OP
C
Seriously thinking about putting in for Colorado cow moose point only for a possible hunt draw in a few years,am I crazy for that tag amount.

Last edited:

Curmudgeon

Lil-Rokslider
Seriously thinking about putting in for Colorado cow moose point only for a possible hunt draw in a few years,am I crazy.
Depends on how old you are. With the draw odds, If you're getting a little long in the tooth then probably a good bet you are. Lol 😂

The Colorado moose draw is getting close. I have a lot of weighted points from all the years I lived in Colorado and didn't draw before moving across the border to New Mexico. Maybe this will be my year! Got to stay positive.