Colorado Newb

Ejay74

FNG
Hey gang, joined up and lurked for a few weeks just soaking in tons of useful information in preparation for my first ever big game hunt. Thank you everyone for sharing so much of your knowledge and experiences!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Ejay74

Ejay74

FNG
Thanks guys! BTW Catahoula, I’ve also got a catahoula leopard dog, bit of a goofball but a really great dog.

Welcome! Are you prepping for the 2019 season or are your working towards something more long-term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Ejay74

Ejay74

FNG
Welcome! Are you prepping for the 2019 season or are your working towards something more long-term?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I’m gearing up for this season and beyond. I drew either sex deer tags for units 7, 8, 9, 19 & 191 and OTC either sex elk. Figured I’d try my luck with deer the first few days of the season then go after elk during the pre-rut/rut.

OP
Ejay74

Ejay74

FNG
Good of you to join us. Are you into other outdoor sports around Colorado?

Fishing and the occasional hike, though my wife’s way better at fishing than it seems I’ll ever be

OP
Ejay74

Ejay74

FNG
Wlecome! What is the first hunt? Species? Season?

Thanks! I’m thinking of going after deer during opening archery season weekend, as I’ve got a friend coming in from NY and I don’t think he’d physically or mentally be ready for an elk hunt. After that first week my plan is chase elk solo through the end of archery season, I know I’m making it tougher on myself going alone, especially for my first time but that’s just the way it worked out this year.

OP
Ejay74

Ejay74

FNG
Do you have a tag for archery deer? I think you can only get one thru the draw or on left over list.

I drew an archery deer tag and an OTC archery elk tag, both either sex.