Colorado Muzzleloader Mule deer tips

Willdorf

FNG
Doing a Muzzle loader hunt this year and have an Elk and Mule deer tag, never hunted Mule deer before so I am curious for some tips on how to hunt them during muzzle loader since from what I have read they won't be rutting yet. Find some water or dark timber similar to elk? Do a bunch of glassing? I know the unit we are hunting has a decent amount of deer from hunting it for Elk before

Jmoore

Lil-Rokslider
Feed cover and water is what I’m looking for every year. Usually chasing them w a bow but that didn’t work out so I picked up a ML tag myself.
Some should be starting to strip and do their own thing and some still grouped up.

Have fun and good luck filling both tags!

OP
W

Willdorf

FNG
Feed cover and water is what I’m looking for every year. Usually chasing them w a bow but that didn’t work out so I picked up a ML tag myself.
Some should be starting to strip and do their own thing and some still grouped up.

Have fun and good luck filling both tags!
Thanks man, really hoping to somehow pull it off for both. I kind of figured it would be similar to elk in the aspect of food water and cover. Good luck to you as well!

How much time did you allow yourself for a combo hunt? I always worry I would try to do both and end up doing neither as well as I should.

OP
W

Willdorf

FNG
How much time did you allow yourself for a combo hunt? I always worry I would try to do both and end up doing neither as well as I should.
We are going to be there 7 days I believe. I know it's not an ideal amount of time, but its the best my group can do with needing to all be back for work. So I am really just kind of figuring whichever animal comes out first is more than likely going to be the only animal I get unless there is some miracle I can fill both lol