Colorado/Colo Spgs Area Training Camp

Curtis C

WKR
How about you guys or gals around the Colo Spgs area? Ya'll want to get together to work on conditioning? I'm not a fitness guru, in fact I'm a fat bastard but I have been getting out a doing some hikes with backpack. Dropped a few pounds from the first of the year and would like to keep that going. It would be great if some folks with strong fitness ideas could offer some guidance or take the lead on some of our outings

There are plenty of options around here to get our legs and lungs under us.

We could do some evening/after work loops at Red Rocks Open Space, Palmer Park, Stratton, and many others.

The Manitou incline would be a good way to start the day on Saturdays or Sundays. I've never done it so I'm sure it will kick my butt.

Maybe we could plan a full day hike or an overnight to Barr Camp or the A frame once a month.

Thoughts?

husky390

WKR
I'm in the Denver area but would be happy to come down and hike the incline with you towards the end of this month or in April. I've never done it and it's on my trails list and I'll see if I can get some guy's from up here who want to ride down with me. It's always more fun when Aron is yelling at you for motivational purposes. :)

a3dhunter

WKR
I tend to miss some of these posts so let me know if you guys decide a date and time.
There is the 3d shoot this saturday at the air force academy that I'm going to try to do, and Sunday mornings are out for me, other than that I'm pretty open.

During the week Tuesday nights are out until the end of May.

Curtis, we still need to get together to ride bikes maybe over at Palmer, I get off at 3:30pm now so let me know when.
Jason

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
I'd be in for something like this- did Red Rocks Open Space yesterday. I try to hike at least twice a week- only problem is I work on Saturdays, so would have to be Sunday (also off Mon/Tues of every week and every other Wed)

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Jason I am working toward getting back on the mountain bike. I'd like to drop another 10lbs before I getting back in the saddle. Hopefully by summer time.

Are you interested in throwing on the packs and hitting one of the parks Wed, Thurs, or Friday after work?

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
mAv, I think Red Rock OS is a good place to go since you gotta good climb right outta the lot. You interested in some evening hikes during the week? I'd be game to hit some place Sunday.

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I went to red rocks yesterday for a little run. you can tell people are getting some cabin fever, cars were parked everywhere! Curtis, Id be down to do some evenings during the week. I usually do the incline on saturday or sunday, depending on what I have going on. Lets do this.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
I'm up for whatever, whenever........except that I hate crowds, so would prefer midnight or during the week when most people are working.:) Speaking of which.........have you noticed just how many people are out just driving around every day, all day long, when you'd think most people would be at work? I can't figure it out. But I've been waking up about 2am every day for whatever reason, so 3am would work also.

OP
Curtis C

Curtis C

WKR
Here we go folks

Friday Evening March 14 @ 5:30pm at Palmer Park. Meet at the N Canyon TH, this is where Paseo Rd enters the park. We will go for about 1.5hr maybe 4 miles give or take.

Sunday morning March 16. Spruce Mountain Loop or a Falcon Trail out and back. I'd like to go in the AM but have no specific time in mind. Lets here your thoughts for this day.

Last edited:

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
Has nothing to do with cardio, but it is kind of training.......anybody going to the 3D shoot at the Academy this Saturday? I'll be there.

As for cardio, I'll decline for a little while. I've had this upper chest thing and cough for 7 weeks now, still trying to shake it.

mAv

Lil-Rokslider
This Sunday is bad for me, have some family in town, but happy to fit in the following weeks. Evenings are tough for me as I work 7am-7pm, but I'm at Lifetime at ~4am if anyone wants to look like a goofball with me on the treadmills with a pack =)

MesaHorseCo.

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
I was planning on heading up tommorow (friday), but the water pump in my truck had a better idea of how I should spend my friday evening :mad: