Colorado Backdoor Elk is up

Guys check the backdoor method to see if you drew your second or third choice tags, it opened up this morning

How do you know if you drew 2nd or 3rd choice? This is my 1st time applying to Colorado and saw Monday that I now have one point. Just checked again now and did not see any thing different that tell me about 2nd or 3rd choice? I am new at this so let me know if I am doing something wrong?

cnelk

WKR
bnsafe
The 588 number means you drew one of your choices!
Any number in the 400s is not good news

cnelk

WKR
Backdoor Method:

Go thru the typical online application process.
Fill out accordingly
Select ' Habitat Stamps and All other licenses'
Scroll down to see what you have on file

For example:
2012 - 580 RES ELK [This is good!]
2012 - 480 RES ELK [This is bad]

Pardon my ignorance, but I don't see any numbers other than my CID#, DOB, pref point, etc. Under draw it says "You will be mailed". Am I missing something? I am going to CDOW draw results and pref point page, should I be looking somewhere else? Guess I will check tomorrow to see if anything changed.

Thanks for trying to educate me in the mysterious "backdoor"

bnsafe

WKR
thanks, im so excited, at 41 yr old this is something ive always wanted to do but for whatever reason just didnt. im comin by myself to unit 6 16 etc. its cow only ml but im saving my points and thought this would be a good way to learn a little cheaper. have to admit there is a little nervousness being in the mountains by myself having never done anything like it. but barring an injury im comin this time.

Well they posted the results and I can't believe I pulled a Bull Muzzleloader tag as 2nd choice! Wonder what the odds are for that? It was 97% chance as a 1st choice and I figured that if less people put in for it and a tag went to 2nd choice I would be the only one crazy enough to put that down as 2nd choice. I guess I was right. Guess i am going in deep in the high country with a smokepole during the rut! And I got a point too!

TK

FNG
is there any way to see how many people they drew for a specific unit/season?