Collapsible walk in cooler

I have been wanting to put a walk in cooler in our house but we just don’t have the room for a permanent one. Has anyone ever done a temporary one that could be taken down? This would go in a garage.

BBob

WKR
I haven’t but I’ve worked on portable temp controlled rooms that used typical cold room panels that were made to be assembled and disassemble to move it from site to site. Most cold rooms can be disassembled so I’d think you could do something.

OP
WyoBowhunter21
You guys inspired me to do some Googling, found this, pretty amazing and thorough resource: https://www.storeitcold.com/build-walk-cooler-small-farm-free-download/
Thanks for posting. I am not sure about the CoolBot. There was another brand named on here that was cheaper but guys said just as good. Ranco or something. I am toying with the idea of making the walls out of foam and one wall out of plywood. So three walls just foam and one wall out of plywood. In the inside, it would have supports to hold quarters or a full size deer/antelope. I already have a winch system in the attic so I figured I could utilized that somehow.

BBob

WKR
Ranco and Penn/Johnson Controls both make simple electronic cold room controls that can be wired up pretty easily. Not as easy as the Cool Bot. The CB has a setup for using a window air conditioner that tricks the unit to keep running down to colder temps. It’s a small heater that’s attached to the units temp sensor.

Someone suggested something like this Inkbird. Ranco might make something similar.