CO Mule Deer

Hey! So I just grabbed a leftover 3rd szn. I've read all the forums hating on the unit. That said, I attend CU Boulder and therefore can get out just about every day of the season and do TONS of scouting. Is it worth trying to find a leftover cow tag or something for another unit that might have higher odds? Just want to get something.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know there are deer there... you don't yet know how bad it sucks ro try to get one during hunting season. I had forgotten and ended up last yr with 3rd season buck tag ( 4th choice on application) and hunted hard for a few days before giving up and going back to work instead. Saw the same elk hunters every place I went. Saw some moose bit zero deer or elk. Good luck. I will never hunt 29 again except for private list B tag.

tstith

Lil-Rokslider
It sounds like you are young, motivated, and want to get out there. Successful hunt or not, give it a shot. Lots of private in the area though.

If you put the time in, you'll be fine. I have taken multiple deer in the unit - nothing to write home about but still a good hunt. You will need to closely navigate the public/private boundaries and deal with other hunters and recreationists. Also - keep in mind there are some public land areas where you can't hunt. Do your research and you'll be fine. You'll basically be hunting in your backyard - doesn't get much better than that.