CO CPW tag delays?

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone else still waiting for their tags to come in via mail or is it just me?

If it's a tag from the primary or secondary draw, you should've received it a long time ago. If it's a tag you got off the leftover list and didn't choose expedited shipping, I'm not too surprised that it hasn't arrived yet. IIRC from the last time I bought a leftover tag, I think CPW says allow 14 days for standard shipping.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
If it's a tag from the primary or secondary draw, you should've received it a long time ago. If it's a tag you got off the leftover list and didn't choose expedited shipping, I'm not too surprised that it hasn't arrived yet. IIRC from the last time I bought a leftover tag, I think CPW says allow 14 days for standard shipping.
Makes sense but I remember getting my tags before Antelope opener last year and here we are 4 days after and still nothing. Bought them morning of leftover.

I was thinking about doing this for Antelope, does it cost a couple bucks to reprint?
I’ve done it in the past when a tag didn’t show up. They had me sign a form that said it was lost and I wouldn’t use it if it arrived and I think it was free but could be wrong.

khunter

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you!
@dylanvb pop over to ANY license vendor and ask for a reprint. Also double check your purchase confirmation email to ensure yo9u did not choose ‘pickup at license vendor’

I have reprinted duplicate tags at walmart etc. Was like $5 when I did it. Not sure on getting the first print other than at CPW…a call to CW would clarify if the first time printing can be done at other vendors.

But for every reissue I snag, which has ben a bunch, I ALWAYS choose pickup at license vendor’ option. cuz the season is usually soon or underway.

Last edited:

bnsafe

WKR
yep, mine was lost this year. had to sign an affidavit and they mailed me a new one

strousek

WKR
CPW is a complete mess. In the last 2 years I have had to have 5 tags total reprinted in my household. Amazing how no other mail seems to be not delivered to us just tags? Best part is that they outsource the tag printing and mailing to a company in Tennessee I believe it was. I guess it doesn't make sense for COLORADO parks to use a CO company? Last year I went to the St. Vrain pond office to attempt to get a reprint for a reissue license where the season was fast approaching. The lady they had working the station was one of the rudest and most inept individuals I have had the pleasure of working with at CPW. From the way things are going I would expect CO to go to e-tags very soon since they lost the ability to properly manage mailing tags to individuals.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you all for this info, the wife is keeping an eye out for me but I might have to get a reprint for antelope since that season is now. Might not hurt to have all of them reprinted so I am covered.

OP
D

dylanvb

Lil-Rokslider
$23.08 to get a reprint since it hasn’t been the full 14 business days since ship date. Oh well. At least I have my pronghorn tag now. Lessons learned for next year