C'mon Man!!!

Yukondog

WKR
Like everyone on here I day dream about my hunts everyday of the year. The preparation, shooting, the gear, packing and repacking. The anticipation is high and the dreams are always filled with the struggles of a backpack hunt and the possible reward of a amimal on the ground.

Last night we got to our spot, dropped the tent and went to bed around 11pm. We had rain, sleet and snow hitting the tent during the night. I didn't sleep well. Our plan was wake up at 4am and break camp, pack our bags and be back with tags filled or dark next Sunday night.

I wake up, get dressed and stuff my sleeping bag and pad. As I stand up to move my gear over to my pack I stop 20% from standing upright. My back is in spasm and I can't move. CRAP!!!!!

Why me? Why now? My partner does a short morning hunt alone as I try to stretch and get better. No luck. Was at chiropractor be 3 this afternoon and have two more appointments to get this mess corrected. Trying to get back out on Wednesday.

I feel horrible for my hunting partner as he drove and now is back in town because of the ill timed spasm I'm going thru. I can't belief this has happened. A whole year of dreaming down the tubes. Sure pray I pull out of this to be able to get out for the last 4 days of the season.

There is no way to muscle through this. My right leg was almost 2" shorter than my left leg before my appointment. Can't carry a 50lb pack in the mountains when that is going on. Getting an animal out under those conditions would not happen either. Scared to pull the bow back.

Matt

dotman

WKR
Ah man that is horrible, get it straightened out, only need one day to kill something.

JG358

WKR
And here I thought I was the only one with that kind of luck. Hope you get squared away and make it back out.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Bummer man!! Hope you have a long season so you can get out there after you re-coup a bit. Hang in there!!!

Hope you can still get out. I incurred a grade 5 shoulder separation while scouting the weekend before archery season here which essentially ended my hunting season early. I can feel your pain on a year's worth of planning out the door. Good luck!

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
Better today. Not heavy pack ready though. My archery elk season ends on Sunday. I'm close to being ready. Hopefully after tomorrows treatment I will be 90% so I can give it a go. Two tags in the pocket for elk. Lower back problems stink. Funny thing is I'm in the best shape I've been in for 10yrs. Bad timing on my backs part for sure.

Curtis C

WKR
Same here YD! I had surgery back in July so I knew I would be weak. Our pack in Thursday was longer than I expected so I spent Friday morning getting muscles stretched back out. I was able to hunt some but getting an elk out of the area we were in would have been questionable.

C

OP
Y

Yukondog

WKR
At chiropractor now. Back is about 90%the of normal. My partner has been in elk yesterday and today! Going to give it a go. Leaving after treatment to meet up with him. Praying my back stays the same thru the weekend!

Matt