Clothing under Simms G3 Guide wading pants for AK Moose hunt

WMR

FNG
Sometimes I think people have too much time and too much money to waste. I use cheap slip on fleece pants. I buy them at the farm store for around $10. They are warm, comfortable and dry easily if they get wet. They weigh very little and pack small. 3 pairs would cover any hunt. I often save one pair to wear in my sleeping bag. Maybe take one heavier pant in case of extreme cold. Have fun and post pictures of your moose.

SDHNTR

WKR
I wore a couple different types of merino long Johns under my G3’s for a 10 day bear hunt, and was not a fan. Especially after I wore my one pair of Patagonia Capilene long chonies. Those were the best! Wicked well and were just the ticket. Made me wish I had brought 5 or 6 pair! I also wore very thin poly liner socks. Worked well. But anyway you slice it, all day every day in waders just sucks!

here is the absolute best advice you will get on the subject. PAY ATTENTION! Bring a bottle of Gold Bond to take care of your boys! And a tube of Desitin for your crack! I’m serious as a heart attack. You’ll thank me, I promis!

AKDoc

WKR
Classified Approved
How you zip on bottoms while wearing waders? I’m confused. TIA.

edit: you wearing these on TOP of the waders? Sounds as bit odd, but I’m all ears.
Sorry for late reply…I just got back from 10-day float trip.

The original KUIU Kenai insulated bottoms are designed such that you can put them on and take them off without removing your boots by simply pulling down your waders and zipping up the sides. I just wore mine for ten days.

thinhorn_AK

"DADDY"
My favorite is just these pairs of light and medium weight synthetic long underwear by marmot. I think I got them from steep and cheap for like 20 dollars a pair.

akAbe

FNG
You don’t have to wear anything under your waders! I live in my G3’s in AK year round for work, and if it’s hot I just go with a pair of running shorts or boxers underneath. If it’s not warm enough for that I switch to the Sitka fleece wader pants(Gradient?), which are outstanding. By Oct. I’ve usually added long underwear bottoms and then eventually start using bunny boots as wading boots. Then when it’s really cold I’ll add some puffy pants to everything else under the waders.