Climber or hang on with sticks for beginner?

I hunt the southeast and a climber has worked for me most hunts with both my bow and rifle. With my rifle I love have the rail to rest the gun on for a secure hold. There have been a few times that I would have preferred to climb a different tree with my bow but it’s always worked out for me to find a different tree.

I haul my aluminum summit viper stand every season and my public land spots typically require a .5-1.2 mile walk. If you get a summit climber then look into Hazmore Outdoor for their straps, replacement seat, and bow holder. Hazmore’s accessory kit made a world of different to my climber!

Shoot on Thursday night I walked in about 850 yards and it was so late I sat on the ground. I used my climber as a frame for a make shift blind made from deadfall. I had a buck walk up to me 6 yards away which was a deadly mistake on his part …….. with a lock on or saddle I wouldn’t have been able to make that blind which secured my ability to harvest that buck!

bergie

Lil-Rokslider
It’s going to depend on the type of trees in the area you’re hunting. I’d vote climber with a good harness (if we’re talking pine trees or something reasonably straight). I don’t care for heights and a climber is safer for me or at least in my head it is.

Edit to add. Summit would be a good place to start and also they’re easier to set up for me.
Couldn't agree more. I have the summit viper and where I live it would be hard to not find a good conifer to climb up. I know it's a little heavy and a little bulky but the comfort factor sitting in it all day makes it work the extra effort.
Climbing up and down and sitting in the tree I feel super safe as well.