Classifieds Subcategories

ktran

FNG
Hi, I'm new here but have spent a lot of time on ArcheryTalk. One thing I like about ArcheryTalk is the subcategories you can click into to kind of narrow down what you're looking for. I see some of that on here but it's more broad, such as firearms and bowhunting. Is there a way to view subcategories, say bows or backpacks and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
There's three categories
Classifieds - general classifieds listings that are neither of the below
Optics- yes this is where any and all Optics are listed
Guns- if your buying or selling a firearm this is the forum

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Hi, I'm new here but have spent a lot of time on ArcheryTalk. One thing I like about ArcheryTalk is the subcategories you can click into to kind of narrow down what you're looking for. I see some of that on here but it's more broad, such as firearms and bowhunting. Is there a way to view subcategories, say bows or backpacks and I'm just not seeing it?

Thanks.
I stopped reading once you said ArcheryTalk

OP
K

ktran

FNG
You can use the search feature
This is true, but sometimes I just like browsing specific categories. Every now and then, you get someone that posts a typo or just the brand and not model/details so browsing can help in that case. I'm sure with time, I'll get use to this set up.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
I kinda like it the way it is, just a couple subcategories. I think archery talk is to confusing with all their subcategories plus western hunting category with subcategories.

fwafwow

WKR
Classified Approved
More categories means more chances of someone posting in the wrong one, which means more work for the mods. The search function here is pretty good.

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
More categories means more chances of someone posting in the wrong one, which means more work for the mods. The search function here is pretty good.
Correct, and I wouldn’t want to mis-categorize someone’s add. Just from moving regular posts I’ve learned that there’s a grey area/ multiple forums that can fit.

Rich M

WKR
:ROFLMAO: AT isn't the best but I buy/sell/trade a lot of bows so I find it good for that, especially target bows.

Ive used the classifieds to sell a couple things before and they work. The guys who keep bumping stuff need to dtop the price to reasonable and it will sell.

hunt1up

WKR
I’m an immigrant from the country of Archerytalk. I much prefer my life in the land of Rokslide, but I wouldn’t mind another sub category or two. Let’s not get crazy to be sure, but maybe like a “clothing and packs” category? If not I’ll continue to check all three sections routinely and be fine with it.

hunt1up

WKR
I’m an immigrant from the country of Archerytalk. I much prefer my life in the land of Rokslide, but I wouldn’t mind another sub category or two. Let’s not get crazy to be sure, but maybe like a “clothing and packs” category? If not I’ll continue to check all three sections routinely and be fine with it.

I’ve reflected on my opinion after checking AT and 24hourcampfire again. Ignore my last post. Leave it how it is, much better.