chronographs

No link but I personally tested a labradar next to a magneto and they were within a couple feet of each other. Next time I’m at the range I’ll compare the Labradar to my Garmin

JGRaider

WKR
No link but I personally tested a labradar next to a magneto and they were within a couple feet of each other. Next time I’m at the range I’ll compare the Labradar to my Garmin
There's a youtube video testing those 3 side by side. Only a couple feet discrepancy between them. The Garmin is fantastic, easy, quick.

OP
Buckshot85
Was wondering how good my Pro Chrono DLX is compared to pricier units.

That Garmin is the best only one session so far and it went 25 for 25 with no missed readings or readings from bolt throw etc. No power cable, battery pack or remote trigger. No set up time at all took about 1 minute to get the thing programmed and running. Had an old Pelican type case from an old Eotech and cut some foam and it fits perfectly. Just like my AMP annealer and AutoTrickler worth every penny

B23

WKR
I tested the original V1 Magnetospeed inline with a Oehler 35 and they read nearly the same. The MS V1 would always read about 10-15fps faster then the Oehler but I figured it was due to the Oehler being set out around 15ft away from the muzzle. Sent the same MS V1 to a Broz who compared it inline with his Oehler 35 and if I recall Jeff got nearly the exact same results.

I've got a MS V3 now and the new Garmin Zero. I haven't compared the two yet but I suspect they'll be very close to one another.

I'm intrigued by the Garmin. I've never used a Chrono before but been reloading for awhile. I've put it off to avoid going further down the rabbit hole but man that urge is kicking in.

The Garmin is expensive but so easy to use. Super compact and it’s read every shot so far. I could never say that about my Oehler or Labradar. It’s effortless to set up. I think it will put Labradar out of business unless they come out with a new model

OrthoNPBeau

FNG
Classified Approved
Been running a LabRadar for years. No problems with it other than it won't pick up my .20 but its hauling azz so I don't worry too much about velocity. Not planning on changing any time soon. One beef with the Garmin is I believe it is an internal rechargeable battery. I would prefer a different battery setup myself.

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
There's a youtube video testing those 3 side by side. Only a couple feet discrepancy between them. The Garmin is fantastic, easy, quick.
Tested my Garmin and MagnetoSpeed Sporter side by side. They were almost identical. It was very reassuring.

BrBa

Lil-Rokslider
Been running a LabRadar for years. No problems with it other than it won't pick up my .20 but its hauling azz so I don't worry too much about velocity. Not planning on changing any time soon. One beef with the Garmin is I believe it is an internal rechargeable battery. I would prefer a different battery setup myself.
If/when the internal battery goes bad, send it back to Garmin for a replacement or just buy an external battery that plugs in. I don't see a problem.

JGRaider

WKR
If/when the internal battery goes bad, send it back to Garmin for a replacement or just buy an external battery that plugs in. I don't see a problem.
This.....plus the Garmin is good for over 600 recharges they say. That's approx 3600 hours of trigger time.

Rieckman

Lil-Rokslider
Never did a video but compared a labrador to a garmin with 8 different guns. There was under 10 FPS difference between the 2 on each shot, and the garmin picked up every shot, labrador was around 20%. Probably due to change shooters and guns, movement.