Christmas come early for a new archer...

We had Christmas early this year with family only able to be here on the weekend. All my 8 year old niece could talk about was getting a bow. Picked up a 10-20 lb little Martin compound and with a short safety lesson and instruction she was on target and hooked...

Even asked if the steaks we had for dinner was deer or elk and asked if I could take her hunting so "she could kill a deer and eat it for dinner". Christmas is so much more fun with kids around thats for sure!
ehunusyg.jpg

Mike

OP
HellsCanyon
She's the first of five nieces n nephews so I got a lot of work ahead of me.... can't wait for it

On a slightly different note, she got into the archery thing because of the recent movie 'Brave'. With a little education about where meat comes from she wants to hunt ASAP, but its got to be archery.... ;) totally cool by me!

*steps off proud uncle soap box*
;)

Mike

Last edited:
That's awesome I got my 4 yr old twins red riders for Christmas I can't wait to give them to them. My twins are boy girl so I had to get her the pink one. I can't wait to plink some cans in the back yard with them on Tuesday.

OP
HellsCanyon
Right on, good on you! So that means your getting me a new bow for christmas as well right?

Just wait for santa to show up in the big brown truck... :)

flatlander, I've got a BB gun all ready for my nephew's 6th birthday coming up in June. He's got a good base for safety but now its time for him to start using it... and they are living in a place with all the birds a little kid could ask for, pretty excited to see how he starts huntin on his own!

Mike

Very cool!!! Congrats Mike I have two nieces myself that are starting to show more interest in archery. Even had the oldest out this year in the treestand with my brother. We bought a special two person ladder just so that we could start getting them out!! They love our sleeping bags in the stand :)