Christensen Ridgeline Ti or FFT?

I am in the market for a new ultralightish mountain rifle. I have an NXS 2.5-10x42 on order for it. I have had really good experience with Christensen and have kind of narrowed it down to these two rifles, but I am open to others. Want the bare rifle to be sub 6lbs and want a shorter barrel - 16"-20" without brake would be ideal, but can go up to 22". Needs to be threaded for brake or suppressor. Anybody have any experience with the Ridgeline Ti or FFT? I see that they are coming out with a Ti FFT, just not sure I want to spend more than $2300 on the rifle. The FFT's floor plate seems a little weird to me, but maybe its not a big deal. I appreciate anybody's input who has experience with either of these rifles, or if I should be considering something else in the same price point with the features I am looking for. Or maybe a regular ridgeline will work fine for what I am looking for and I don't need the Ti or the FFT? I wish CA listed the actually weights for specific guns and not just "starting at 5.8lbs".

I've had my eye on Christensen Arms for a while. They look like great guns at a good price point. Check out the fierce carbon rival too. No personal experience with either

H

Huntkook

I am in the market for a new ultralightish mountain rifle. I have an NXS 2.5-10x42 on order for it. I have had really good experience with Christensen and have kind of narrowed it down to these two rifles, but I am open to others. Want the bare rifle to be sub 6lbs and want a shorter barrel - 16"-20" without brake would be ideal, but can go up to 22". Needs to be threaded for brake or suppressor. Anybody have any experience with the Ridgeline Ti or FFT? I see that they are coming out with a Ti FFT, just not sure I want to spend more than $2300 on the rifle. The FFT's floor plate seems a little weird to me, but maybe its not a big deal. I appreciate anybody's input who has experience with either of these rifles, or if I should be considering something else in the same price point with the features I am looking for. Or maybe a regular ridgeline will work fine for what I am looking for and I don't need the Ti or the FFT? I wish CA listed the actually weights for specific guns and not just "starting at 5.8lbs".
Just bought this rifle 3 weeks ago. So far I really like this rifle, it shoots really well with hand loads and acceptable with factory. Bolt is a little stiff when opening or closing. Message me and I'll help you anyway I can. 20220702_141704.jpg20220714_133216.jpg

JordanM

FNG
Of the two I would recommend the FFT with the steel action. I have not owned the original Ti, but I have the original ridgeline and the new FFT Ti in 6.5prc. The new FFT allows a few inch shorter barrel and is pretty darn light without the negatives of titanium. My Ti FFT had some bolt lift issues with some unknown munitions loaded 143 ELD-X mayhem ammo and is my first Ti action so I shot 3 of them and stopped. So far everything it shoots is 1/2 MOA 3rd groups and it doesn’t even have 50rds through it yet. With a light VX3 scope and Talley ultralight rings it weights 6#5.5oz. Pretty remarkable for a factory rifle.

hicountry1

Lil-Rokslider
Faux Ridgeline fft...

Ridgeline in 6.5prc that I put in a Stockys carbon fiber stock....

Attachments

• 35754.jpeg
    35754.jpeg
    358.3 KB · Views: 116
  • 41715.jpeg
    41715.jpeg
    524.8 KB · Views: 115

Crawl79

FNG
Has anyone seen any posts comparing the ridgeline vs ridgeline FFT with shorter barrels. Any feedback on accuracy and shootability with the shorter barrels?

I just picked up the FFT Ridgeline in 6.5 creedmoor, not much range time with it yet but my last two 3rd groups with 130 ELDM's of barrel break in were roughly 0.65 MOA. This was with a load I worked up for another rifle and didnt tweak the load for this as it was just the break-in procedure and by the time I finished the barrel was warming up pretty good. I anticipate things will only get better. Interestingly my velocity was the same as it was with my other creed which has a 24" barrel, no difference to me as far as shootability for me. Happy with the rifle so far.

cworkman

FNG
I bought an FFT in 6.5 PRC. Shoots the factory 147 eldm pretty decent. Slow though, about 2730 fps. Put a Razor LHT 4.5-22 on it and its under 7lbs out the door though! A little tough to spot shots within 500 yards with a bipod on a rail and the light weight but not impossible. Brake works well. Loud little sucker with that short barrel. Have a TI suppressor on the way for it and plan to try a couple different bullets handloaded soon. I would recommend from my experience so far. Everyone I know with Christensen guns like em, a buddy bought the Mesa FFT at the same time and he likes his as well....