Christensen Ridgeline FFT

amassi

WKR
How smooth is the action and the round feeding?

Thanks for the replies. It's about a 10-hour round trip to see one in person. I asked the shop owner the same question and he kind of compared a Sako to a Cadillac and the CA to a Corvette. I think I will just have to make the drive.
No comparison to your sako.
If you've handled a rem 700 you've handled the christensen. Rem= Chevy christensen =Gmc

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

How smooth is the action and the round feeding?

Thanks for the replies. It's about a 10-hour round trip to see one in person. I asked the shop owner the same question and he kind of compared a Sako to a Cadillac and the CA to a Corvette. I think I will just have to make the drive.
Its a little rougher than the sako, I didnt feel like the sako was anything special tho. My Bergara Premier is the standard for smooth actions that I compare everything too though. (Also a Rem 700 footprint). Its amazing, I have to keep checking to see if it picked up a round its so smooth (it always does).

Prairiekid

Lil-Rokslider
Its a little rougher than the sako, I didnt feel like the sako was anything special tho. My Bergara Premier is the standard for smooth actions that I compare everything too though. (Also a Rem 700 footprint). Its amazing, I have to keep checking to see if it picked up a round its so smooth (it always does).
I have never handled a Bergara before. If it’s better than a Tikka or Sako that’s impressive. Personally I found Tikka/Sako very similar except Sako scales their actions.

Either way I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like I ought to be happy with my Finnlight but if I’m looking for something a little lighter, new and exciting I might want to get my hands on the new FFT.

I do find it frustrating they don’t offer much info on the stock dimensions. What’s the LOP? What’s the overall length of the stock? Or maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot.

I have never handled a Bergara before. If it’s better than a Tikka or Sako that’s impressive. Personally I found Tikka/Sako very similar except Sako scales their actions.

Either way I appreciate the feedback. Sounds like I ought to be happy with my Finnlight but if I’m looking for something a little lighter, new and exciting I might want to get my hands on the new FFT.

I do find it frustrating they don’t offer much info on the stock dimensions. What’s the LOP? What’s the overall length of the stock? Or maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot.
Bergara Premier series - not the import crap. The premier series are hand made by vets in Georgia, as close to custom as you will find.

JD Jones

WKR
I like the analogy Ridgeline = vette and Sako = caddie. I’m 40 rounds in on my fft. I have no issues with how it feeds or the way the action feels. It’s nothing earth shattering but certainly functions as it should/like any other rem700. For the purposes I picked it up for and the price I paid, I’m more than happy.

Well I ordered a new Christensen FFT today, I ended up going with the Mesa instead of the Ridgeline though. I just couldn't justify the extra money for the carbon barrel especially when this rifle is really only for a sheep hunt next year. I ordered the 6.5 prc since I already own one and have a ton of ammo for it. Looking forward to getting this thing out and seeing how it does. I am debating on which scope now, either a Nightforce SHV 3-10 or the Trijicon 2.5-15.

OP
Doc Holliday
Well I ordered a new Christensen FFT today, I ended up going with the Mesa instead of the Ridgeline though. I just couldn't justify the extra money for the carbon barrel especially when this rifle is really only for a sheep hunt next year. I ordered the 6.5 prc since I already own one and have a ton of ammo for it. Looking forward to getting this thing out and seeing how it does. I am debating on which scope now, either a Nightforce SHV 3-10 or the Trijicon 2.5-15.
You may already have the Trijicon 2.5-15 on another rifle and be happy with it, but I thought the eye box was not great

You may already have the Trijicon 2.5-15 on another rifle and be happy with it, but I thought the eye box was not great
I don’t own any Trijicon scopes yet but it seemed to be one that’s recommended quite a bit. Currently everything I really use has a Nightforce or a Zeiss. I’m 99% sure I’m gonna put a SHV 3-10 on this gun. Have you decided which Ridgeline you’re going to go with?

OP
Doc Holliday
I don’t own any Trijicon scopes yet but it seemed to be one that’s recommended quite a bit. Currently everything I really use has a Nightforce or a Zeiss. I’m 99% sure I’m gonna put a SHV 3-10 on this gun. Have you decided which Ridgeline you’re going to go with?
Not yet....im going back and forth...think I am now between the 7mm-08, 280 AI, and 7mm rm.
Which did caliber did you go with?

I went with the 6.5 PRC, mainly cause I have a bunch of factory ammo for it already.
Is that a 2nd PRC or is it replacing something? I have the hardest time doubling up on guns for some reason. I LOVE my 6.5 PRC - love the gun, love the cartridge, but I couldn’t buy a 2nd one. I had to do something different so I went for the 280 AI. Even though my 6.5 PRC is set up for Long Range and the FFT would be set up as a mountain rifle, I couldnt duplicate cartridges. So dumb, I also have quite a bit of 6.5 PRC ammo.

Is that a 2nd PRC or is it replacing something? I have the hardest time doubling up on guns for some reason. I LOVE my 6.5 PRC - love the gun, love the cartridge, but I couldn’t buy a 2nd one. I had to do something different so I went for the 280 AI. Even though my 6.5 PRC is set up for Long Range and the FFT would be set up as a mountain rifle, I couldnt duplicate cartridges. So dumb, I also have quite a bit of 6.5 PRC ammo.
Its my second PRC, I agree with you, it is really hard for me to double up on cartridges also. I figured I could make an exception this time though. I'm really wanting a 280ai also and almost went that route, even bought the only 2 boxes of 280ai ammo I have seen in I dont know how long. In the end though I have something like 300 rounds of factory ammo for the PRC and a bunch more reloading components for it. I'll keep my first PRC set up for long range and this new one will be my mountain rifle. Also, went with the PRC cause of the 20" barrel. Its mainly for a horseback dall sheep hunt I have booked for 23. I figured the shorter overall length would come in handy going in the scabbard on the horse.

Its my second PRC, I agree with you, it is really hard for me to double up on cartridges also. I figured I could make an exception this time though. I'm really wanting a 280ai also and almost went that route, even bought the only 2 boxes of 280ai ammo I have seen in I dont know how long. In the end though I have something like 300 rounds of factory ammo for the PRC and a bunch more reloading components for it. I'll keep my first PRC set up for long range and this new one will be my mountain rifle. Also, went with the PRC cause of the 20" barrel. Its mainly for a horseback dall sheep hunt I have booked for 23. I figured the shorter overall length would come in handy going in the scabbard on the horse.
Maybe you should sell me those boxes of 280 ammo you found🤣. Its tough to come by.

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
15F1637A-36FC-4EFA-9C9D-5DEB0322517C.jpeg
Don’t have a pic but complete rifle was 5 pounds 4 oz. 300wsm. Haven’t shot it yet but looking forward to it. Out the box I had to bend the mag follower because the rounds weren’t riding straight and was causing feeding problems. Not happy about the QC with that but I believe I fixed it.

Brabell12

FNG
@mwf008,

Have you had a chance to go out and shoot the 300 WSM? I am curious about the recoil on such a light rifle in 300 WSM or 300 WM.

mwf008

Lil-Rokslider
@mwf008,

Have you had a chance to go out and shoot the 300 WSM? I am curious about the recoil on such a light rifle in 300 WSM or 300 WM.

It’s not bad. The omega with brake mitigates the recoil better than the factory brake. I have a Mesa in 7mag that’s about 2 pound heavier. Recoil on the FFT is noticeably more, but still very manageable. I put 40 rounds downrange in the first session and never felt like recoil was an issue.

A96430FF-EB3A-49C9-8BD1-49AD38B84F88.jpeg
Would that little nick bug you guys? Typically I wouldn’t care but I have a feeling that’s gonna affect the accuracy. I’ve got an email into CA to see what they say. Other than that I’m very happy with the gun. I picked up a SHV 3-10 on here and just have to get it mounted then out to the range.

View attachment 434996
Would that little nick bug you guys? Typically I wouldn’t care but I have a feeling that’s gonna affect the accuracy. I’ve got an email into CA to see what they say. Other than that I’m very happy with the gun. I picked up a SHV 3-10 on here and just have to get it mounted then out to the range.
I would not be happy with that even if it didnt effect the shooting.