Christensen Mesa reviews?

khuber84

WKR
Let's hear some success or failure stories on you guys' Mesa rifles! It's time to get the woman a larger rifle as she wants to hunt elk next year. She's been shooting a left hand Tikka 65cr. I've been looking at the CA Mesa Lefty in 65prc and 7mag. Pondering a ridgeline as well, but sounds like the steel barrels have been more consistent than their carbon. I'll be bedding the action into a better stock immediately after purchase regardless of the rifle choice.

I bought a Mesa in October chambered in 300WM. I immediately sent the rifle back to the factory because the bolt had some pretty excessive play and was really hard to lift after firing. They turned the rifle around to me in about 5 weeks after replacing the bolt and head spacing. I followed the break-in process that they recommend and I saw better groups after about 50 initial rounds. I’ve got around 100 rounds through the gun now, it shoots MOA and I’m working on hand loads to tighten my groups. I like the rifle well enough, and customer service at CA was decent. Will use the rifle on a February Oryx hunt here in New Mexico. The photo below shows the weight of rifle and optics, unloaded.

Attachments

• E6FED3EE-8A5A-4C9A-8C7C-E01BE4F4AAE5.jpeg
    E6FED3EE-8A5A-4C9A-8C7C-E01BE4F4AAE5.jpeg
    551.4 KB · Views: 83
Had a 7mm rem mag Mesa. Was a 1/4 MOA rifle. Sold it to buy the lighter ridgeline in 7mm rem mag, which is also a 1/4 MOA rifle.

GF just traded off her 6.5 Mesa... We didn't wanna play the send it back and forth game. I put quite a bit of time trying different ammo, hand loads, action screw torque, scope mounts and scope. Proly should have sent it back but it proly should have shot decent out of the box. Traded in on a brand new Tikka and lets say I wont ever put a CA under my roof. You got a 50/50 chance it will shoot straight.-WW

My CA Mesa 6.5 CM shoot and performs just about like my Tikka 7MM-08. Just a nicer finish/feel to the CA.

Had a Mesa in 300wm. It was a very solid 3-5 MOA rifle with a majority of powder and bullet combinations. My best groups were around 1.5 MOA with Barnes and Hammer Hunters. Messed around with it for about 400 rounds and decided to get rid of it. Overall, it was a disappointing experience.

My 6.5 Creedmoor puts five shots of factory ammo 3/4” at 100, consistently. Not real impressed with the action, but that might just be me.

anyone know of other retailers that might have a Christensen Arms

ONE PIECE SCOPE BASE – STD REMINGTON 700 ACTION​

in Short Action Zero MOA?

They are out of stock and would like to get one for the rifle i just bought.

I bought a Mesa in 300wn in December. Been pretty easy to get half inch groups with hand loads. Multiple powders and bullets have shot well. Also nosler factory ammo was half moa. Overall it’s been much easier to load for than any of my other rifles.

Back