Christensen Mesa FFT off to a bad start.

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
IMG_8082.jpegIMG_8079.jpegWell, I wanted to snag a second 6.5 PRC but favored a shorter barrel this time. The Christensen Mesa FFT seemed perfect at 5.5# with a 20” barrel.
I picked it up from my FFL on Saturday and he came out with me to go through break in. It took about 20 patches to get them to not turn blue from copper before I fired the first shot which was surprising. We stopped short of the 50 suggested rounds at about 30 rounds because bolt lift was increasingly difficult but we didn’t note pressure signs on the Norma bondstrike factory ammo.
I took it home and gave it a good cleaning and inspected the bore really well and it seemed to cycle ok on fired cases so I went back out and fired a round of Hornady ELDX. That case caused hard bolt lift and minor pressure signs so I fired one more shot. The bolt required a ton of force to lift and the case had blown the primer out entirely and had huge pressure marks on the rim.
I sent in a warranty claim and hope to get things taken care of in good order. (Another rokslider had a similar problem and said they took care of him and had the rifle back in a month.)
I will update thread on how customer service unfolds.

OP
N

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
well... they responded pretty quickly and sent out an RMA and prepaid shipping label... fingers crossed

OP
N

Nicaburns

Lil-Rokslider
Well, after having my rifle a month, CA responded and said it was “carbon buildup” and that they “polished the chamber” and were going to send it back. I called BS since I had the rifle less than 24 hours and not much more than a box of ammo through it including cleaning. They agreed to give it to the gunsmith again prior to determining that it was “fixed.”
I can’t believe any rifle company would state that the reason their rifle is blowing primers and locking the bolt down is “carbon buildup”! 🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️