Christensen FFT - bipod stud/rail

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Has anyone installed a second sling stud or installed a picatinny rail on the forend of an FFT stock (carbon fiber)? I have never drilled into a carbon stock but not opposed if I’m not going to damage anything. Probably just need to call Christensen but curious if this crowd has done it. I want to use an atlas on my ridgeline but need to install a bipod rail first.

Thanks!

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Called Christensen, they referred me to a YouTube video they did on installing a stud. Said it would be no different with the FFT stock. Bought a B&T rail fastener and a pic rail so just need to drill the holes, will keep the thread posted once I get to it.

Now I just need to find out if I can lengthen the pull with a stock spacer somehow, but can’t find any info/example where someone has actually done it unfortunately

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Finally got around to taking the barrel off to install the pic rail. I started unscrewing the original bipod stud and could hear what sounded like something moving in a hard foam. As light as the stock is, I’m guessing it has a hollow core filled with the foam.

I wouldn’t recommend attempting to install a second stud/pic rail on this stock

Finally got around to taking the barrel off to install the pic rail. I started unscrewing the original bipod stud and could hear what sounded like something moving in a hard foam. As light as the stock is, I’m guessing it has a hollow core filled with the foam.

I wouldn’t recommend attempting to install a second stud/pic rail on this stock
Wanting to do the same thing and am worried the fft stock may not hold up. Did you end up drilling and installing a rail? Thank you!

OP
A

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
I did not. I have contemplated using one screw and bedding the rail to the stock without a release agent (aka just epoxy-ing the rail to stock), but have not had the guts to do that either. I don’t know what I’m going to do, might have my gunsmith handle it, just haven’t had time to be honest. Still need to shoot the darn thing

I did not. I have contemplated using one screw and bedding the rail to the stock without a release agent (aka just epoxy-ing the rail to stock), but have not had the guts to do that either. I don’t know what I’m going to do, might have my gunsmith handle it, just haven’t had time to be honest. Still need to shoot the darn thing
Well, I may be taking the endeavor and if I do I’ll post pics.

I've been waiting for another brave soul!! Go in good health and report back so I know if I can be brave!

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

CJ AK

FNG
Not sure if your interested, but there's a bolt on solution the Accu tac adapter. It weighs half an ounce. I have them on 2 rifles, they work just not as clean looking

Amazon carries them

Last edited:

idahodave

WKR
I mounted a SRS mini Arca plate. Haven't shot off of it yet so I don't know how it will hold up, but it's only a 6 Creed so I don't expect it to get taxed too much.

There is LOTS of soft foam in there, but the shell seems hard enough. Not dissimilar to lots of other stocks out there.

Also mounted a “gunsmith adapter” from Spartan while I was at it.

Dave

Attachments

• D4224CDD-3AD5-4919-A9FB-8923AE06CA17.jpeg
    D4224CDD-3AD5-4919-A9FB-8923AE06CA17.jpeg
    501.3 KB · Views: 8