Chest Rig for bowhunting?

BowHiking

FNG
I switched over to the enclosed Marsupial harness last year after previously running the Alaska Guide Creations Classic bino harness. I definitely prefer the Marsupial harness over the AGC, it is much slimmer and seems to hold tighter and more securely to my chest when moving around in the backcountry. I run it with the range finder pouch as well as a side pouch and have never have had an issue with it getting in the way while drawing my bow. Like others have mentioned above the front bow hanging hooks are nice for a throwing up a quick glass without putting down your bow, but are not suitable for holding your bow while walking.

Whatever harness you end up getting I'd recommend shooting while wearing your bino harness, you'll soon not even notice its there.

jaytaylor

Lil-Rokslider
I have bowhunted with a bino harness for over 20 years. Started with the minimal crooked river harness (I think that's what it was). Now I use a Marsupial with a rangefinder pocket on the off side, and I have even carried a small handgun on the bottom using their holster option. they are never in the way, and if you practice with them you won't even know they are there. I end up carrying the wind checker bottle of baby powder in there somewhere too. Good luck.

87TT

WKR
I have other issues with bino harnesses besides interference with my bow. Have tried several but always find something lacking. Comfort, stability, layout, access to name a few. I am now using a "frankenharness" made from a couple of different makes.

I use a kuiu and I've been very happy with it. Never had any issues with the string catching or being thrown. I've also had great interactions with their customer service in the past
I second this take. I run a Kuiu harness and love it. Never had an issue with interference, and run binos and a rangefinder pouch on mine

pdxflung

FNG
I used multiple Alaska Guide Creations for years, but switched to Stone Glacier harness and rangefinder pocket last year. Very happy with the new setup and nice and tight to the body. Give it a look too.

I am a Kuiu guy. I really like their products, quality and service. I have no complaints with their pro bino harness

clperry

Lil-Rokslider
Always. Marsupial small with a 1911 hanging from it. Never had any issues with mobility. Holds all my essentials. Couldn’t imagine being without it now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vdocLU164

FNG
I picked up a T&K bino harness about a year ago and love it. I keep my range finger on the right and have a small zip pocket on the left with a wind checker. Extra battery for range finder, lense cleaner. It works great and never had a problem shooting with it on. Even with my 52" recurve I never had a problem with any contact anywhere. Side note I actually bought a second one I use for stream fishing. It's so comfortable I keep a small fly box and some tippet material things like that. Just the essentials so I don't have to get to the bank or carry a big bag the whole time.

jlw0142

Lil-Rokslider
Wish I got an FHF harness, but I went with the Nomad harness instead. Fine harness just not as good accessories and fits me a little more loosely. My brother got the FHF and its great. Shoot with my harness all the time, and have shot with his and never have issues with it interfering with the bowstring.

artripb13

FNG
I've got an FHF bino harness, no issues shooting with it. It's a little nervewracking shooting with it the first couple times. Thinking about trying to make something like the tethrd quickdraw work as a bow holder on it

sneaky

"DADDY"
I guess if you do a “chest harness build” and then “run” it rather than simply wearing a bino harness you get extra WKR points?
When I read chest rig I thought he was talking about one of the chest packs that can be used for multiple things. Not a bino harness with pouches on it. One if the FHF fishing setups, or one of the Marsupial setups that can be configured with multiple internal pockets and sleeves for shells, reeds, bino buckets etc. Much wider than a bino pack

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Anyone running a chest rig for their archery set up? Does it get in the way of drawing?

I've recently got into bow hunting and I plan on going for turkey in the spring, and it looks like the FHF chest rig might be a good option. That, and the fact it can replace my old fly fishing rig makes me believe it could be a good set up.

Have any of y'all tried this with any success?
I've used several different chest rigs and have never had one interfere with my bow string. Currently I'm using a mystery ranch with a rangefinder pouch and I have my side arm holster mounted underneath.

jpe5714

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Kuiu, AGC and the Sitka chest harnesses. I bought the Sitka last summer and used it on a Wyoming backcountry archery elk hunt in the Thorofare last September. The Sitka is my favorite as it sits higher and does not get in the way at all. I'd recommend the Sitka harness

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

awpk03s

FNG
I have a Hill People Gear chest rig, that I really like, but it doesn’t work for me bow hunting.

I mainly hunt from a saddle and it interferes with my bridge. It’s a big pain. I gave up pretty quickly, and went back to a small cross body bag that I hang from the tree on my tether when I’m up and situated.