Chest packs

Not sure if this is quite the right spot for this but I was wondering what people are using for a chest pack with a bino harness, somewhere I can mount a holster, and possibly bear spray. I've got the vortex chest pack my diamondback 10x42s came with but there really isn't anywhere to mount other things.

OP
C
Oh if some of you could show how the holsters attach to the pack that would be great.

I think bino harneses with holster mount ability are pretty standard now. To my knowledge Marsupial, FHF, AGC, they all accept holsters. I like the fabric holsters that Marsupial and AGC make. I don't like the Kydex holsters for hunting because they are rigid and loud.

My favorite harness is the outdoor vision gen 2, it has molle on the bottom to attach a holster like most do now. The new fhf looks good too, as does the catamount

The new kifaru is the most likely to get me to buy though, depending on the lining material

Bino harnesses are like anything else, we all have our preferences. The marsupial is widely loved, I didn’t care for it, but statistically, you will like it, seems to be the most well liked, goes to show we all have our preference

The issue with the new kifaru is going to be availability and cost. I expect it to be north of 200$ and hard to get for awhile…. I got my OV gen 2 for under 90$ on sale and it is a great harness… on the other side of that, I don’t want to complain too much about the cost to protect my binos that are over 3k to replace, but there is a principle ceiling somewhere for a bino harness for me… I’ll pay a little bit more for a name if the features and build make it justifiable

OP
C
I ended up going with a mystery ranch. I had a gift card for sportsmans guide and it matches my pack. I'll probably throw a marsupial or some other soft holster on the bottom of it.

Dennis

WKR
I wear BlackPoint Tactical Chest holster under Kuiu Pro Binocular Harness with pepper spray mounted vertical on left side of the binocular harness. Pepper spray is accessible with either hand and pistol is accessible by lifting bottom of harness.

Hoythews71

Lil-Rokslider
Been using AGC bino harness, but just got FHF chest rig to use turkey hunting, and I’m probably switching over to FHF. Great build quality. Really like the MOLLE connection style, which also matches my Exo K4 so I can easily swap accessories between both. They also have some new modular system products coming out that I think will allow more flexibility with mounting accessories like holsters.

No experience with Marsupial Gear, but I’ve only heard good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good binocular harness motioned already, I've used quite a few over the years Band lands, AGC, Sitka ect. Ended up with the Marsupial for its sleek profile and modularity, I attached a pistol carrier on the bottom and a rangefinder pouch on the side.

Not sure if this is quite the right spot for this but I was wondering what people are using for a chest pack with a bino harness, somewhere I can mount a holster, and possibly bear spray. I've got the vortex chest pack my diamondback 10x42s came with but there really isn't anywhere to mount other things.
T&K harness and pouches and a Marsupial holster underneath. American made and not linked to Chernin.

CMF

WKR
I've got the stone glacier skyline with a razco for glock 43x. It's been nice, but haven't tried anything else yet.
Just got the wife the kuiu harness with a razco, it seems nice too, but I haven't tried it out yet.

I'm thinking the kuiu coil type lanyards on the rangefinder/binos will be better than the SG ones.

I've got the stone glacier skyline with a razco for glock 43x. It's been nice, but haven't tried anything else yet.
Just got the wife the kuiu harness with a razco, it seems nice too, but I haven't tried it out yet.

I'm thinking the kuiu coil type lanyards on the rangefinder/binos will be better than the SG ones.
I use the Kuiu lanyard on my rangefinder. It’s ‘da bomb.

Reactions: CMF