Chest holster options for g20 with trl-1?

OP
rileybassman
Got the shell with the light option. Works good... Definitely bigger and bulkier then the one without the light. Super easy to switch out. Straps do need a little adjusting because the size difference. Good option all in all I think.
6505daff74ebc911c18b589dba4afd00.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

OP
rileybassman
Confirming as was suspected... The 20 without a light on doesn't have any retention in the light holster.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
Confirming as was suspected... The 20 without a light on doesn't have any retention in the light holster.

Yep.

For those not aware of how kydex holsters work; the kydex typically "grabs" onto the front of the trigger guard. That's how they lock in. For a light option, because the light is bigger and typically fits against the trigger gaurd, the kydex has to "grab" onto /around the light.

Riley, FYI, I have a belt kydex holster that was originally made to fit the TRL-1. I now use the Surefire X300, and that holster does grab onto the surefire. I'm not going to say this is true of all kydex, but this particular one does.

Riley-

Was saying I AM the lefty...lol. Only Kenai I tried on for a few minutes was a co worker who has one for SW 629 Mountain revolver. Kinda a chunky rig. He stated that in order to get it to NOT flop around, it needs to be kinda tight and impedes easy breathing. Let us know your thoughts when you can put a mile or two on it plz

OP
rileybassman
Riley-

Was saying I AM the lefty...lol. Only Kenai I tried on for a few minutes was a co worker who has one for SW 629 Mountain revolver. Kinda a chunky rig. He stated that in order to get it to NOT flop around, it needs to be kinda tight and impedes easy breathing. Let us know your thoughts when you can put a mile or two on it plz
Will do... I've worn the kenei without a light puttering around my folks farm... Honestly more comfortable then I thought it would be. I'll wear it for spring bear ad put some miles on it this spring.

2Stamp

Lil-Rokslider
I like the Kenai. I did a 8 ish mile shed hunt day with it and my AGC bino harness over the top. Never had a problem. I was carrying a semi, not a revolver. I'm right handed. I found if I put the shoulder strap over my right shoulder (instead of left as designed) I get a better grip on the pistol when drawing. If not using it with a bino harness, I use it as designed. YMMV.