Chest holster options for g20 with trl-1?

I've seen several kydex options... But would prefer leather... Can't seem to find any leather holsters that have light bearing options...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You sure you want leather??? Man I use to prefer leather holsters, but man I look back and really ask myself why? Once leather gets wet, it almost stays wet, usually ending in rust and corrosion. Plus the weight. I’ll take anything but leather anymore.

OP
rileybassman
You sure you want leather??? Man I use to prefer leather holsters, but man I look back and really ask myself why? Once leather gets wet, it almost stays wet, usually ending in rust and corrosion. Plus the weight. I’ll take anything but leather anymore.
Well treated leather is pretty weather resistant... I'm mostly worried about comfort I guess... especially coupled with a bino harness. I'll probably go kydex I guess as I have leather for my .44... Can you get away with a loose harness with kydex like you can with leather?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Well treated leather is pretty weather resistant... I'm mostly worried about comfort I guess... especially coupled with a bino harness. I'll probably go kydex I guess as I have leather for my .44... Can you get away with a loose harness with kydex like you can with leather?

I’m running the Alaska Guide Creations bino harness and holster. I’m on mules hunting solo in grizzly country a few weeks a year and really like that setup...everything essential is always handy and “on me”....it’s the best I have found

PNWGATOR

WKR
Shoot2HuntU
The Kenai is very comfortable and I’d choose it every time for a G20. I run mine with a bino harness.

The AGC holster option could work for you too.

OP
rileybassman
Anyone compared a kenai with a gsholster?

They seem pretty similar but the GS is almost half the price...

AirborneEScouter

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
I have the AGC bino harness and their pistol holster. I think the trl1 is a light right? Not sure how that would fit with the light but the AGC is a good kit. Pistol rides kind of high when clipped on the bino holster and not ideal for drawing real quick but it’s not bad. I will wear the holster on my exo hip belt most of the time though. I have a g21, fits perfect

OP
rileybassman
I have the AGC bino harness and their pistol holster. I think the trl1 is a light right? Not sure how that would fit with the light but the AGC is a good kit. Pistol rides kind of high when clipped on the bino holster and not ideal for drawing real quick but it’s not bad. I will wear the holster on my exo hip belt most of the time though. I have a g21, fits perfect

Yea it's a light... one of the reasons I may carry the 20 over my redhawk is the ability to have a light on it.

I'll check it out thanks!

Hudge

FNG
I have a Diamond D Guide's Choice leather holster for my .44 Mag, and really like it. It's comfortable to wear, even when out fly fishing.

Fatcamp

WKR
I don't use it on a chest rig, but I have a Raven Phantom for my G17 and TLR-1.

Been a great tool for years. No complaints.

OP
rileybassman
I ended up picking up the kenai chest holster... Without the light and backordered a shell for with the light. I talked to a guy who had both and said if you have the model made for the light, it doesn't work without the light attached.

Overall I like it - thought about the razco, but I kinda "copied" it with my Blackhawk holster and didn't love it that low...

The trick is making it work with the AGC... It works stacked, not amazing comfort but may be best option... Who know... Those with razcos, does it feel secure/does it impare breathing?

My other concern was once something is dead... I usually take my bino harness off when I'm getting an elk... But leave my pistol on during those times... And that's almost the biggest time I want it on.

Yea it's a light... one of the reasons I may carry the 20 over my redhawk is the ability to have a light on it.

I'll check it out thanks!

Solid thinking! Gotta have a light. I have a place in the Yaak. Working on my backpacking/scouting rig just just like you. Never warmed up to the big Glock grips. Opted to try the new XDm from Springfield. I believe at this point the Kenai is the answer for me. Gonna be a lot of plastic up front once you add the light. Looking at a TLR7 to downsize a bit.

edit: didn't see your post above Interesting. I will have to research. Spoke to them and they did confirm....retention is based of the specific light and you are committed/married to the combo for the rig to work Was not aware of the shell for a light? Like to house the light on a strap of the harness?

OP
rileybassman
Solid thinking! Gotta have a light. I have a place in the Yaak. Working on my backpacking/scouting rig just just like you. Never warmed up to the big Glock grips. Opted to try the new XDm from Springfield. I believe at this point the Kenai is the answer for me. Gonna be a lot of plastic up front once you add the light. Looking at a TLR7 to downsize a bit.

edit: didn't see your post above Interesting. I will have to research. Spoke to them and they did confirm....retention is based of the specific light and you are committed/married to the combo for the rig to work Was not aware of the shell for a light? Like to house the light on a strap of the harness?
Sorry for the confusion... No basically you order a new holster minus the harness... Saves like 30 or 40 bucks... Yea kinda sucks to have 2... But in the long run I think it's for the best.

Edit to add those new XDs are nice... I almost went that route... But I have other Glocks so wanted to stay with the platform. I have very small hands and thought I wouldn't like the 20s grip, bit after shooting a few hundred, it's been a non issue and I actually kinda like it... Handles recoil well.

OP
rileybassman
So you are ordering Kydex options for both? G20 with TLR and one for G20 naked, yes?

Have the Kenai in hand? How much of a PITA to swap ya think?
Yes I have it in hand... It's 3 buckles - stupid simple no adjusting required on the piece that comes off.

Snappys in Kalipspell has them in stock if you wanna check them out next time you are in the big city.
b81b134b8c4f5ba4a0d3ac551588978b.jpg

OP
rileybassman
Ammo choice?

Either DT 200s or Underwood 200s.