Cheek riser bargain.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Here y'all go.
I'm mid- installation right now on my Ruger. So far, I'm 3 minutes in & I'm literally done, bar putting the recoil pad back on. It literally couldn't be simpler.

The templates included are:
Tikka T3/T3x/T1x (also works for Ruger American)
Savage 110
Hogue
Winchester M70
Remington 700/783

I just remembered to get a weight before I bolt it all together!

20231223_152042.jpg

That's with the #2 adapter. There are no indications as to which adapter is needed for which stock, which is a bit shit, but you've only got 4 choices, so process of elimination isn't going to kill anyone.

So far, 10:10 would recommend.

Last edited:
OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
Minor correction.
For a Ruger American, you'll either need to shave down the #2 wedge adapter, OR drill the clamp holes ¼" higher than the template.

I’m waiting to do a Tikka T3x….or better yet waiting for someone else to do and let me know how to proceed!!!

Anybody do a Tikka T3 yet? Sure seems like the round, recoil mounting tube will have to be cut, unless one of the adapter plates will ride over it.

bigeyedfish

Lil-Rokslider
I just did one on a Ruger American last night. Very simple. I used the Tikka template and drilled a couple holes oversized so it would all line up. I can just barely get the bolt in and out without needing to adjust the cheek rest. I'm happy with that. Hopefully I'll get a chance to shoot it soon.

Looking at the kit a bit closer, on the site, it seems there is a sloped adapter that is probably meant for the T3X stock. I'll check when I get home and if so, I'll drill and install this weekend and report back.

Fatcamp

WKR
T3X. The install sheets show which adapter to use on the back. I used 1/4" and 3/8", and did quite a bit of filing. Drilled my holes with the Styrofoam in and used the drill marks to relieve it for the adapter.

You would be well served to install your adapter and then look into the holes with a flashlight to see where you need to file.

20231229_185430.jpg

20231229_203346.jpg

You filed the adaptors or the top rail? I’m doing mine tomorrow or Sunday. Also, you stacked the 2 adaptors? How do you like it?

Sorry, drill bit size! Did you file the adapter to get it to fit, mine it a hair tight. I wonder if the foam is easier to just toss?

Fatcamp

WKR
J
Sorry, drill bit size! Did you file the adapter to get it to fit, mine it a hair tight. I wonder if the foam is easier to just toss?

Yes, drill bit sizes were 1/4 and 3/8.

I had to file the stock to line everything up. The template was close but most of my holes needed a bit of adjustment.

Leaving the foam out made the stock sound really hollow, but I don't think leaving it out would hurt anything.

I have Covid, so I think I'm making sense, but who knows. 😆

Oh no, hope you feel better. Sorry for Ann the questions. I thought maybe you had to file the sides of the adapter to get it to snug up! How does it seem now that you have it set? Looks great.

Fatcamp

WKR
Oh no, hope you feel better. Sorry for Ann the questions. I thought maybe you had to file the sides of the adapter to get it to snug up! How does it seem now that you have it set? Looks great.

No worries, I'm on the tail end so up for some projects.

Looks great and is nice and solid. No complaints.

I say to look ahead and file your holes because I put a little force on my rest and it was a bear to get back out prior to doing some filing.

OP
robtattoo

robtattoo

WKR
It says to drill the holes at 6 & 10mm, but I'd be really tempted to do 8 & 12. That should give you all the clearance you need, without looking like you've had to adjust it.
When my RSS gets here, that's what I'm planning.

Fatcamp

WKR
It says to drill the holes at 6 & 10mm, but I'd be really tempted to do 8 & 12. That should give you all the clearance you need, without looking like you've had to adjust it.
When my RSS gets here, that's what I'm planning.

Ya, it says you can go up 2mm for each size.

Gotta be honest, I don't own any metric drill bits so I did the conversion and made it work.

So you had to file the holes out wider to get the screws in correct? Mainly due to the template not lining up in the correct spot? Close but not perfect. I wonder if the adaptor should be filed slightly to get it to seat in the top of the stock? My # 2 adapter seem to bottom out on the side of the stock about 1-2mm from flush at the top. The adapter seems just a tiny bit too wide for the curve of my stock. If that was the case it would thrown the holes in the template off a bit. Just a theory! Or….is the side of the adapter suppose to jam in the side of the stick to help hold it???