Check your brass

I was loading some new ADG 300WM brass today and I regularly inspect the inside of new cases with a small flash light. Well I ran across this case. I have never seen this before so I just thought I'd mention it here. Looks to me like it would not be suitable for loading, so I am not going to use this piece. I fished out the two shards of brass from the inside of the case. As you can see from the pictures the outside of the case is flawless. Glad I caught it. Check your brass guys. Has anyone ever seen this before?

20230904_095402.jpg
20230904_095335.jpg20230904_095056.jpg
20230904_200639.jpg20230904_095633.jpg

TxLite

WKR
Wow. I shoot ADG in several calibers and have never seen this. Glad you checked.

That’s not a great look for ADG. Have you reached out to them?

OP
Muley Buck
Wow. I shoot ADG in several calibers and have never seen this. Glad you checked.

That’s not a great look for ADG. Have you reached out to them?
I have not. I'm not bashing them in any way. I really like using their brass, it's excellent IMO.
I may do that just to let them know though.

TxLite

WKR
I have not. I'm not bashing them in any way. I really like using their brass, it's excellent IMO.
I may do that just to let them know though.
I definitely would. Everybody makes mistakes but it seems like that could’ve been a bad time for a barrel and/or suppressor.

I’d be interested to hear what they have to say. What lot # is it so others can keep an eye out?

SDHNTR

WKR
Wow. Those were just loose shards of brass floating around in a single case?

OP
Muley Buck
I definitely would. Everybody makes mistakes but it seems like that could’ve been a bad time for a barrel and/or suppressor.

I’d be interested to hear what they have to say. What lot # is it so others can keep an eye out?
Yes, weird anomalies can and do happen. My intention is NOT to cast a shadow on ADG but rather inform other handloaders to not just blindly trust any new brass. I'll check on the lot number.

Vern400

WKR
The title of your post is perfect.
Check your brass.

No one can make every part perfect every time.
That's a pretty nasty piece. I load 50 at a time and I look in every case with a flashlight after each step. I've been known to occasionally install a primer backwards. And no primer, and a crushed primer. I've also found flash holes that were 3 mm! Lots of those on pistol brass.

packer58

WKR
That's a good reminder to be diligent with your reloading process, a few years back I ordered a pack of 125 gr. Slick Trick magnums ....The package was clearly marked 125 gr. but the heads were 100 gr. I immediately called Slick Trick and told the fellow that answered the phone about what i had discovered, his reply was Holy $hit, i'm gonna put you on hold for a minute and go check the packaging production line. His fear was they were sending out miss marked product .........anyways he came back on the phone and thanked me for bringing that to his attention and that the line was ok and i must have gotten a fluke package ........he promptly asked for my address and sent me a new pack of 125's. Good companies WANT to know if there screwing up ............

Found a shard of brass in a piece of 6.5PRC ADG brass the other day, after I had fired it. Thankfully nothing bad happened! I will be inspecting each case very carefully going forward.

OP
Muley Buck
So ADG reached out and got back to me today. First off they apologized for taking so long to get back to me, which was a little concerning considering it's been over 5 business days after leaving them a message. Anyways, they are going to send me a new piece of brass from the same lot if they still have some. He was pretty sure they still had some. I told him the main reason I called was to inform them of the defect and he was very appreciative of that. Along with the new piece of brass, he is sending me a pre-paid mail label to send the defective piece back for inspection. All in all good customer service, good company to deal with.