WTB Cheap trekking poles

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Looking for a set of cheaper trekking poles. Hoping to try it out this year and see if it's something I like. Wanting to find a decent used pair fairly cheap. Would be ok with a singular pole if you happened to have broken the other. Just wanting something that is slightly better quality than most of the ones listed on Amazon. Let me know what you have. Thanks

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
You probably already know, but the cascade mountain tech trekking poles (carbon) on Amazon/Costco are pretty tough to beat unless you want to drop some cash.

Cali hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Walmart ozark trail ones are actually decent. I bought a set to pitch my tent so I could still use my “good” set during the day.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I'll echo what everyone else says I ended up picking up a set from cost Co to try the poles I can't see how the others can be that much better to justify the price

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A couple of poles of suitable wood.
Lots of Hazel around me.

It's absolutely free.
Easy to source.
Very light.
Strong enough.

OP
Spark352

Spark352

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I've used cedar sticks on and off for a while but somehow they always seem to end up as fire pokers and loose length quick

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
You probably already know, but the cascade mountain tech trekking poles (carbon) on Amazon/Costco are pretty tough to beat unless you want to drop some cash.

This ^^^^^^

$17.87 at my local costco the other day for the cascade carbon ones

Another vote for the cascade poles from Costco

I'll echo what everyone else says I ended up picking up a set from cost Co to try the poles I can't see how the others can be that much better to justify the price

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I came here to say the same thing. My buddy and I run them and they are pretty awesome. He did slightly bend one but he was fully loaded and put all of his weight on top of one of the poles downhill. Probably one of the best budget gear items out there. Not everything has to be $100+