Cheap Insulated Jacket and pants

Luked

WKR
I have a pretty good range of Sitka gear and it does really well.
I have light weight and heavy weight base layers Jetstream Jacket, Sitka Kelvin Lite jacket
Years ago my dad had some insulated jacket and pants that were pretty light weight and had a nylon type shell and thin insulation he used to wear when it got really cold.
Over time these have just gotten worn and dont work now.
Was wondering if you all had some info on some cheaper type insulation that works well. I know might be a long shot but thought I would ask.

h2so4

WKR
The Eddie Bauer 650fill down jacket from
Costco. there is a thread called “cheap stuff that works”. Tons of options there

TSAMP

WKR
Ill 2nd the cheap puffy. Layers are the key. Big insulated coats aren't versatile.

I was grouse hunting in mid October in Wisconsin this year. It rained all day long. My game bag was holding water. I wore some actual rain gear and was damp in spots but mostly dry. i had an extra rain jacket and gave it to a 3rd person. Another guy said I've got this rain defender coat, I'll be fine. He was not. I'm talking shivering at lunch asking for coffee after coffee To warm up while dripping water on the floor.

Throughout the day id ask how the defense was going. Luckily he was tough and laughed it off.

That coat, much like most things cathart makes is a gimmick.