Chamber cooler/fan

I have the orange Magnetospeed. It works but it has a very annoying high speed whine.

BBob

WKR

Jimbee

WKR
Costume Fan Blower Fan for Dinosaur Halloween Doll Mascot Head or Other Inflatable Game Clothing Suits, Orange (Upgraded Version) https://a.co/d/drYTvZK
I taped a piece of tubing to one of these

Keith5579

FNG
Magnetospeed for me. I second the above comment about the noise, especially when wearing electronic hearing protection.20190106_110229.jpg

Last edited:

danwolf

FNG
Simple. Drive to Walmart and get the intek usb powered air mattress pump. Then 1’ of gas line at Ace, a hose clamp and for $16 you have a pump that’s controlled by a usb power bank. I live in Texas where lately it’s been 95-110 the last month and that pump helps a lot.

TxLite

WKR
I have a chamber chiller that’s worked fine for me. I just hook it up to a usb battery pack and run it

Harvey_NW

WKR
I rigged up some poly braided hose to a Coleman 12v air mattress pump that puts out about 10x the amount of air that any of the little barrel fans will do, and in my experience the difference in cooling time was negligible, and not worth the annoyance of that loud ass fan. If I'm testing in hot weather I found the best method is to toss it in the truck across the front seat and direct all the vents at it with AC on for a couple minutes, then in ambient temp for a couple minutes.

Weldor

WKR
I seen a gentleman at the range the other day temp was around 95f (southern AZ in the am.) All he had was a small cooler with ice and a vinyle tube running to the chamber. Works by convection he said hot barrel pulls cool air from the ice? Also told me that is his rig for praire dogs in June and July. Anybody seen this set up before?

mapticon

FNG
Chamber Cooler. Seems silly, but it actually works. Saves significant time waiting for barrel to cool down. If this ever stops working I'll probably do the air mattress pump + tube hack thing.

inkedspot

Lil-Rokslider
I have both the Chamber Chiller and the Magnetospeed unit. I don't notice a significant performance difference between the two, but when you turn on the Magnetospeed unit everyone for 40 yards around you hates you. I mostly only use the chamber chiller unit anymore because of the high pitched whine from the Magnetospeed unit.