Casual T Shirt for HOT Weather - What do you wear?

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
Looking for some recommendations. Have looked around and see some older posts, but nothing recent and hitting exactly what I'm looking for.

Moved from CO to the TX hill country and the heat hits just a little different down here.Looking for some casual solid tee shirts to wear in this TX heat. Big fan of merino because I sweat and therefore I stink, so the shirts don't exacerbate my odor like a cotton/synthetic, but not opposed to something other than merino. I really like the Kuiu ultra merino 120/105's I have, but can't justify the $79 price tag and they're not on sale that often. Have tried the FL merino T's, but they're a lot thicker than the Kuiu, I have some black ovis merino's that aren't bad, but looking for other recommendations. Have some Lulu lemon shirts that are really breathable for the gym and chores, but they snag on most things. Trying to keep the price under $40.

Do not need more hunting shirts, solids for casual wear is the goal but a lot of these shirts are dual purpose.

Help me survive my summer on the surface of the sun.

OMF

Lil-Rokslider
Oh Jesus @maxx075. You and my wife. We were laughing about it at the zoo yesterday. The sun was intense and she really wished she had hers. Unfortunately it disappeared some time ago, allegedly.

JStol5

WKR
Stone glacier synthetic t shirt (I think it’s called avro) has been fantastic for running and hiking in the sun.

you can go with a lightweight synthetic, merino can still get hot. the synthetic doesn't help with the sweat but ive found that it keeps you cooler

SloppyJ

WKR
Born and raised in Arkansas so I feel your pain. Everytime I go to CO in the summer everyone is complaining about how hot it is and I think it feels like spring.

You will not like the merino when the humidity gets even higher. It doesn't breathe enough and my FL stuff smells like a wet dog when I get sweaty. I wore it to the zoo one time when we went and I was pissed the entire time.

I do a ton of summer fishing and if you need some sun protection, a lightweight synthetic fishing hoodie is clutch. I prefer the Aftco brand. I like the ones with the built in face gaiter on them but that's only so I can put it up running 70mph down the lake and keep my lips from getting sunburnt when fishing. Be careful because not all summer hoodies are made the same. My wife got me some from Sam's one day and they're super thick and absolutely horrible. I already gave them to goodwill. The columbia ones are a close second but the Aftco shirts are softer and a bit lighter.

Other than that, 100% cotton is the way to go or the short sleeve fishing shirts with the vented slit in the back. There's nothing that can beat the heat only make it a tad bit less miserable.

Looking for some recommendations. Have looked around and see some older posts, but nothing recent and hitting exactly what I'm looking for.

Moved from CO to the TX hill country and the heat hits just a little different down here.Looking for some casual solid tee shirts to wear in this TX heat. Big fan of merino because I sweat and therefore I stink, so the shirts don't exacerbate my odor like a cotton/synthetic, but not opposed to something other than merino. I really like the Kuiu ultra merino 120/105's I have, but can't justify the $79 price tag and they're not on sale that often. Have tried the FL merino T's, but they're a lot thicker than the Kuiu, I have some black ovis merino's that aren't bad, but looking for other recommendations. Have some Lulu lemon shirts that are really breathable for the gym and chores, but they snag on most things. Trying to keep the price under $40.

Do not need more hunting shirts, solids for casual wear is the goal but a lot of these shirts are dual purpose.

A light, quick drying polyester short sleeve.

Nine Banger

Lil-Rokslider
Shoot2HuntU
We own the heat here in Charleston, SC.

These used to be my go-to...every day:

But... you can't shoot in them because the pocket will catch your stock, so I wear these instead which happen to look more stylish because they have an abalone button instead of a solid color button:

TxxAgg

WKR
Personally, I like a light Merino.

Recently discovered bamboo rayon and like it.

OP
wannabemtnman

wannabemtnman

Lil-Rokslider
Lots of good options and I've tried most, but I prefer shorts sleeves on most occasions but do wear a lot of fishing shirts, PFG, Simms, free fly, etc. Most of the time I end up with a very breathable golf polo because they're better than most of my tee shirts. Will be checking out the Avro as I've had it mentioned in the past as well. Appreciate the insight.

We own the heat here in Charleston, SC.

These used to be my go-to...every day:

But... you can't shoot in them because the pocket will catch your stock, so I wear these instead which happen to look more stylish because they have an abalone button instead of a solid color button:

The tamiami is the way. Every other shirt is second fiddle. Period.

My summer go-to...

A1cIUZSM8ML._CLa%7C2140%2C2000%7C716OPc2bZKL.png%7C0%2C0%2C2140%2C2000%2B0.0%2C0.0%2C2140.0%2C2000.0_AC_SX679_.png

Welcome to TX! First summer is a real kick in the nuts.

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
I'm outside in Central TX almost every day and just sweat alot in general. I wear just cotton T shirts 90% of the time. Nylon fishing shirts snag on brush too easily and just feel uncomfortable when wet to me. I'll wear SPF fishing shirts in the boat or the pool/lake.

Also, you just have to accept everyone is sweaty ...

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Dave_

Lil-Rokslider
You also need to acclimate yourself now before it gets too hot, don't wait for triple digits to hit.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk