Casey Long at air ventures Alaska

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
Getting excited
in talking to him the groups he had out last year did just ok on moose but he was straight up about it and seems opt about other areas he has access to

Dougwise

FNG
On a DIY fly in moose hunt, what success rate can you expect? Does it very widely with unit or outfitter?

alaska_bou

Lil-Rokslider
As far as I understand, the area Casey drops his moose hunters is not ideal for glassing. Make sure you choose good rut dates as your success will likely depend on calling/raking. If you get good dates, he is a solid choice.

Last edited:
OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
As far as I understand, the area Casey drops his moose hunters is not ideal for glassing. Make sure you choose good rut dates as your success will likely depend on calling/raking. If you get good dates, he is a solid choice.
He has mentioned this several times, and we are electing to hunt the whole season so I’m hoping we can catch good activity.
sounds like it’s going to be hunting perimeter areas of a lake and doing lots of calling and raking like you mention

During your moose hunt in 2023 suggest you have your buddy bring his own teepee.
Likely he'll snore worse than a Grizzly Bear :)
Good Luck

Scottf270

WKR
That doesn't sound good. Sounds like waiting on the provider to respond to a complaint. If things went badly, I hope it gets worked out. Look forward to hearing the details when available.

OP
Gobbler36

Gobbler36

WKR
That doesn't sound good. Sounds like waiting on the provider to respond to a complaint. If things went badly, I hope it gets worked out. Look forward to hearing the details when available.
correct
i want to give people every opportunity to do the right thing first sorry

if you want a short answer, no moose, horrible weather for first 7 days.
I personally wouldn’t recommend this hunt for a multitude of reasons, not because i was unsuccessful but not the Alaskan experience i was hoping for