WTB Carter wise choice 24

Jon_G

WKR
Let me know if you have a 3 finger wise choice 24. Any color except blue if they even make one. New or used.

rgref522

WKR
Is the wise choice 24 the same as just the wise choice? Or are they different?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalk

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
Is the wise choice 24 the same as just the wise choice? Or are they different?

Sent from my SM-S901U using Tapatalkm
My local shop told me the firing mechanism is bigger and smoother. It has less of a chance for failure if dropped since it's beefier is what they said. Also the new thumb button has much more customization.

krisn416

WKR
My local shop told me the firing mechanism is bigger and smoother. It has less of a chance for failure if dropped since it's beefier is what they said. Also the new thumb button has much more customization.
The 24 has a stiffer and faster, more pronounced release when it fires (slightly louder too, but not bad). It also has a second adjustment point on the trigger bar with allows you to fine tune the thumb barrel positioning, which is quite a nice upgrade actually. I flipped my bar to the oppose side to get it deeper in the crook of my hand and feels great. I’d say it’s not critical to buy the 24, but if you’re in the market for a Wise Choice anyway then I’d get one. Or get one and then use the non-24 as your backup. Just avoid the older CES version (the one without the trigger travel adjustment screw), that one had misfire issues which is why they went away from it and back to the adjustment screw.

OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
The 24 has a stiffer and faster, more pronounced release when it fires (slightly louder too, but not bad). It also has a second adjustment point on the trigger bar with allows you to fine tune the thumb barrel positioning, which is quite a nice upgrade actually. I flipped my bar to the oppose side to get it deeper in the crook of my hand and feels great. I’d say it’s not critical to buy the 24, but if you’re in the market for a Wise Choice anyway then I’d get one. Or get one and then use the non-24 as your backup. Just avoid the older CES version (the one without the trigger travel adjustment screw), that one had misfire issues which is why they went away from it and back to the adjustment screw.
Great information thank you! I found one on archery talk but it's dark blue and I'm not sure if that color is the 24. The guy said he got it last year and doesn't know too much else since he said he doesn't have much experience in archery. He said he sent it to Carter and they fixed the internal mechanism but doesn't know if it's the same as the 24 or not. That wasn't very helpful lol

krisn416

WKR
Great information thank you! I found one on archery talk but it's dark blue and I'm not sure if that color is the 24. The guy said he got it last year and doesn't know too much else since he said he doesn't have much experience in archery. He said he sent it to Carter and they fixed the internal mechanism but doesn't know if it's the same as the 24 or not. That wasn't very helpful lol
That one is not. This will help:
IMG_4382.jpeg

krisn416

WKR
Both are 24s but one doesn't say it?
Some 24’s say “24” on the body of the release, and some don’t, but the extra adjustment on the trigger bar is how you can tell for sure, if it has it then it’s a 24.

Last edited:
OP
Jon_G

Jon_G

WKR
I have two 24’s and a pre-24, all black. First pic I sent is a 24 and a pre-24, second pic was of the other 24. Only one of the two 24’s says “24” on it, but both 24’s are the same otherwise. The extra adjustment on the trigger bar is how you can tell, if it has it then it’s a 24.
Got it! Still looking to see who didn't like theirs so I can try them out lol