Carrying Camera Gear

Kuenro02

FNG
Hey guys, how do y'all carry your camera gear? I'm looking to pick up an EXO 3500 and was thinking about picking up a camera bag insert to haul my mirrorless camera, lenses, batteries, etc. Is this my best bet to protect my gear while traveling, hiking/hunting the backcountry, etc. TIA

LaHunter

WKR
I carry my Sony 6300 in a Hazard 4 'Jelly Roll' that has been modified. I have the kit lens that came with the camera, and it fits in the 'jelly roll' pouch perfectly. They are about 9" long, so I had a local alteration shop shorten it to fit the camera. I wear this on my pack belt, so I have quick access to my camera. It's a bit bulky on my pack belt, but it works for me and it well padded so my camera stays protected.

elkdog

Lil-Rokslider
I carry mine in my pack, but I'm not sure that is the best method. I hope there are some more replies on here. My old camera was a Panasonic FZ-150 this year I updated to a Fuji X-T3.

uteranga

FNG
I use a camera holster for the dslr body with main lense on, and a pouch for the second lense strapped to it, always in the backpack, on top close to the back, not much waste space and easy to get the camera out.
I usually only take it out if i'm near animals, around some probably interesting stuff or when the light is sonn going to be perfect. Then i just put it around my neck, front or side depending the terrain, with a hand on it.
I never found stuff carried outside the backpack to be practical or perfectly safe, unless maybe you're on a perfectly flat and large path.