carrying bow kifaru

Culvers30

FNG
I have a kifaru timberline 2 and was curious how everyone is carrying their bow on their packs. I was considering buying a grab it but would love to avoid the weight if possible.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
You dont need a grab it to pack your bow. Although it makes it pretty nice. Ive got a post on here how I put my bow on which involves the Grabit and a standard lid over the top but if you dont want to use the grabit grab yourself a lash kit and dock and lock it across the back of your Pack. I have a Timberline 2 also. Its key for comfort that you get the bow centered on the back of the pack.

Or to use just the pack itself nothing additional look at the bottom buckles on your T2 where it compresses the bottom of the pack undo those and lengthen them out now stick the bottom of your bow in and buckle them back up. Tighten them down and that is your bottom of the bow secure point. Now the Strap that cinches down the top of your pack under the lid do the same and run that through your riser then rebuckle and tighten down. Now you have your bow secure and no extra weight.

Here is a photo for reference: Click it to make it bigger =)

Last edited:

MattB

WKR
I use a KU grab-it and lashing strap and it works slick with very little weight. A number of hunting guides have commented that my set-up is the best they have seen for carrying a bow of the many they have seen. The KU grab it has a different spacing for the bottom attachments so you need to stuff the 3 bar sliders though loops on the bag rather than the rectagular plastic things you would normally use. This works on the Highcamp bags, but I cannot vouch for the Timberline. I attached the lashing strap to the highest loops on the side of the frame, and you will want to tighten the lash strap and then connect/tighten the vertical straps to hold the top pouch tight over that to keep the bow from moving side to side.