Carnivore Diet

Duh

WKR
Yeah I can’t kick coffee yet but I do add a quarter stick of butter every cup. Just got my blood work back after a month and a half of carnivore and my cholesterol raised a bit. I feel amazing though and my lifts have never been better.

Blood pressure dropped as well, even though I’m using TRT for the past few months. It was slowly rising before switching to carnivore.

Patriot2

Lil-Rokslider
I have historical marginal kidney filtration ratio and when I did carnivore it pushed my kidneys a little more than my doctor cared for. If you have normal kidneys that is no an issue and it is indeed a great elimination diet, and sustainable - you just gotta get creative on food preparation. I was clear to me after a month that you absolutely do not need ANY fiber for your gut - eat enough fats and it is not an issue whatsoever. Another food "myth" that is garbage.............

74Bronco

Lil-Rokslider
I had done blood work soon after I started Carnivore. Dr wanted me on statins, I said no, see you in 90 days. I had that done today and my cholesterol went up, especially the LDL. So now the Dr really wants me on meds. So we negotiated and I am doing a Coronary Artery Calcium Scan and a Carotid Artery Disease scan. These are both out of pocket expenses, but better than meds if I don't need them. Watching a couple youtube vids, one of them explained why your LDL would go up, and why potentially its not a bad thing. See what the scan says in a few weeks. TG was 101, which was really good IMO.
Weight is down 36 lbs, BP is down some (wasn't an issue).
Also, I REALLY enjoy the diet, but I have cheated some the last month. But right back to it the next day. When I cheat I use real ice cream and not soft serve... hehe

cjdewese

WKR
Coronary Artery Calcium Scan and a Carotid Artery Disease scan. These are both out of pocket expenses,
Care to share how much those cost you out of pocket. About the only thing I want to get done and I was curious how much it would be.

Duh

WKR
I had done blood work soon after I started Carnivore. Dr wanted me on statins, I said no, see you in 90 days. I had that done today and my cholesterol went up, especially the LDL. So now the Dr really wants me on meds. So we negotiated and I am doing a Coronary Artery Calcium Scan and a Carotid Artery Disease scan. These are both out of pocket expenses, but better than meds if I don't need them. Watching a couple youtube vids, one of them explained why your LDL would go up, and why potentially its not a bad thing. See what the scan says in a few weeks. TG was 101, which was really good IMO.
Weight is down 36 lbs, BP is down some (wasn't an issue).
Also, I REALLY enjoy the diet, but I have cheated some the last month. But right back to it the next day. When I cheat I use real ice cream and not soft serve... hehe
How much is the out of pocket expense for the tests? I’d like to complete one myself.

^ beat me to the question

aer21

FNG
I had those done in Brookings, SD at the clinic, $50 each for a total of $100. I don’t know if that was a special or what but they were doing it Tuesdays and Thursdays, had to get an appt.

Reactions: Duh

Duh

WKR
Yeah it’s interesting to see doctors reactions to this way of eating. It seems the cholesterol worries most but DR Matt Budoff and DR Berry have a bit of good literature on how high cholesterol in certain folks may not be that big of an issue.