Canvas Cutter with quilt or bag?

Split toe

WKR
I’m going to get a canvas cutter to use. Will be used in rifle season in Colorado. Do you think I can get by with a 0° quilt or should I play it safe and get a 0° bag? I’d sleep better with a quilt…If I could stay warm with it. Was wondering if anybody has experience with the bed rolls?

jolemons

WKR
Canvas bedroll for truck camping or the Summit for bivying out?

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

jolemons

WKR
Will be packing in on horses and likely using it in a tent.
Ok, I put a fitted flannel sheet on the memory foam and use a quilt in mine. Maybe pack an extra synthetic or down quilted blanket for extra warmth if needed. I just use regular blankets in mine, range cowboy style usually.

OP
Split toe

Split toe

WKR
Ok, I put a fitted flannel sheet on the memory foam and use a quilt in mine. Maybe pack an extra synthetic or down quilted blanket for extra warmth if needed. I just use regular blankets in mine, range cowboy style usually.

What season are you doing that in? I'll be hunting end of October in Colorado at elevation.

willidru

WKR
Use my Canvas Cutter for truck hunts let's me stay on the move. I use a bag and if its hot I just open unzip and lay on top of me.

jolemons

WKR
What season are you doing that in? I'll be hunting end of October in Colorado at elevation.
I've used it in every season you could imagine. I would SWAG that the canvas when zipped up adds 10-15F to your sleep system rating. That's probably how I'd determine what else to layer inside of it.

I've done it a number of ways, sheet + quilt, sheet + pendleton blankts, sleeping bags, etc.

What I've settled on is a Kodiak Canvas Z Top as the best Canvas Cutter companion for myself. Can be used as a quilt, a bag, a blanket, etc. Small enough package it can be rolled up inside the CC if needed.

I like it a lot, 3/5 of my group rock the same setup now.